Gibson Brands Forums

Ultra 339 circuit board

paul_round

Unfortunately that's the only real option. That model is about what, 8 years out of production? Given the fact epiphone don't offer spare parts for sale for current models, they were never going to be of any help in this instance. 

What features would you lose in removing the board?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think contacting Gibson Customer Service would be the main choice as the Ultra-339 seemed to have problems from the beginning..

Attention Ultra-III and Ultra-339 Owners! (original Link)

It has come to our attention that a small percentage of “Les Paul Ultra-III” and “Ultra-339” guitars have entered the market equipped with pickups that were incorrectly produced causing them to be “out of phase.” This issue is observable with the toggle switch in the middle position. With both pickups selected (middle toggle position) the output will be weak with a mid range emphasis. In the other toggle positions the output will be normal. Additionally, sometimes other related symptoms can occur as well that resemble improper electronic grounding.

Great measures were taken to ensure guitars equipped with these pickups did not enter the market place. Unfortunately, our efforts were not entirely successful. However, we do believe that the numbers are very limited with the majority of them being Ultra-339’s.

As always, we stand behind our products 100% with our Limited Lifetime Warranty and will repair or replace any guitars found to have this issue. We work tirelessly to provide you with the highest quality guitars available and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you believe your “Les Paul Ultra-III” or “Ultra-339” has this problem do not attempt to repair it yourself. Please contact the authorized Epiphone retailer where you purchased the guitar and arrange for a repair/replacement immediately. 

If you have any questions or concerns or need further assistance, please feel free to contact our Customer Service department. 

GIBSON CUSTOMER SERVICE

EMAIL:  http://www2.gibson.com/Gibson/Talk-2-Us.aspx     ( this link is dead)

PHONE:

In the USA: 1-800-4GIBSON (1-800-444-2766)

In Europe: 00+8004GIBSON1 (00+800-444-2766-1)

Thank you for your continued support.

Epiphone

Edited by mihcmac

That’s not the issue I have, as I stated earlier, the pits have failed, so not an issue with how the pickups are wired. I did email epiphany who said no replacement boards are available. I have retired it with good quality, full size pots, however I would like to also use the nanomag pu and tuner, but can’t find any info on how to wire these.