Gibson Brands Forums

Let's See Those Firestripes

zombywoof

17 hours ago, Dave F said:

I’m planning on making a pick guard for this custom L00. I’m leaning toward the lighter color. 

Fire stripes

Keep in mind the actual color of the guard, when put on the guitar, depends on how translucent the material is, and the color as you see it now depends on the color of the backing paper.

If these are not the translucent type guards,  just forget what I said... 😳

Lars

I made a test fit up with some black plastic before I cut the tiger stripe. Neither is attached. I'm going to think about it because I think I may like the black one better. If I rotate the tiger stripe it will fit up the same as the black one. 

Pick guard

Pick guard

3 minutes ago, Dave F said:

I made a test fit up with some black plastic before I cut the tiger stripe. Neither is attached. I'm going to think about it because I think I may like the black one better. If I rotate the tiger stripe it will fit up the same as the black one. 

Pick guard

Pick guard

Can we see the darker one? 🤓

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AnneS said:

Can we see the darker one? 🤓

I just made one just for you.

The yellowish one is not transparent so what you see is what you get.

This darker stripe is transparent so it may lighten up. I may cut a little square of it and apply it to see how much it changes.

TS

Edited by Dave F

4 minutes ago, Dave F said:

I just made one just for you.

The yellowish one is not transparent so what you see is what you get.

This darker stripe is transparent so it may lighten up. I may cut a little square of it and apply it to see how much it changes.

TS

That’s the winner, imo.

The stripe is delicate, which pulls together the binding, fretboard, bridge and top and which (again, imo) is both eye-catching and suitably subtle for the L-00 size. 

If you’re askin’...

30 minutes ago, AnneS said:

That’s the winner, imo.

The stripe is delicate, which pulls together the binding, fretboard, bridge and top and which (again, imo) is both eye-catching and suitably subtle for the L-00 size. 

If you’re askin’...

I agree with Anne. It will be interesting to see what it looks like with the backing paper off.