Gibson Brands Forums

My search here shows nothing Dove Limited

Lou Theeur

6 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Good Lou Theeur - the heavier members here all have different fields and levels of expertise. I recommend you look up my contributions through the years and judge yourself.  

6 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Good Lou Theeur - the heavier members here all have different fields and levels of expertise. I recommend you look up my contributions through the years and judge yourself.  

Spread over the last decade there will be 9122 posts to explore. Have fun.  

Spread over the last decade there will be 9122 posts to explore. Have fun.  

Yeah, I could read all 9122 of your posts, or you could simply give a short synopsis of your experience with Gibson guitars.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lou Theeur said:

Yeah, I could read all 9122 of your posts, or you could simply give a short synopsis of your experience with Gibson guitars.

Though not one of the real Board-heavies, even the boiled down version would be too massive. Just zoom in on these recent Dove comments - it's the best I can do. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Btw. is your name here a word-game on luthier ?

Edited by E-minor7

22 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Though not one of the real Board-heavies, even the boiled down version would be too massive. Just zoom in on these recent Dove comments - it's the best I can do. 

Just picture a Rodney Dangerfield massive eyeroll here....

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Lou Theeur said:

Just picture a Rodney Dangerfield massive eyeroll here....

Really, you are doing yourself a disservice here, and are in serious danger of embarrassing yourself.

Anyone who has been on this forum for any period of time would know this. Em7 is, if anything, understating his qualifications to make the statements he does. He doesn't need to justify himself to you, and most of us here understand that.

Listen, and learn.

50 minutes ago, j45nick said:

Really, you are doing yourself a disservice here, and are in serious danger of embarrassing yourself.

Anyone who has been on this forum for any period of time would know this. Em7 is, if anything, understating his qualifications to make the statements he does. He doesn't need to justify himself to you, and most of us here understand that.

Listen, and learn.

Every forum is the same. The regulars say take my word for it or go **** yourself. Every forum is the same. It's easy to talk **** behind a keyboard. I am never embarrassed by asking a complete stranger for a little description as to their background rather than blindly following their advice, nor should I be, and who the **** are you to try and shame me for it! Every forum has this same bullshit. You or he, are in danger of embarrassing yourselves! Perhaps you are just one keyboard ninja using multiple names!

Edited by Lou Theeur
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Lou Theeur said:

Every forum is the same. The regulars say take my word for it or go **** yourself. Every forum is the same. It's easy to talk **** behind a keyboard. I am never embarrassed by asking a complete stranger for a little description as to their background rather than blindly following their advice, nor should I be, and who the **** are you to try and shame me! Every forum has this same bullshit. You or he, are in danger of embarrassing yourselves! Perhaps you are one keyboard ninja using multiple names!

Please relax - the world needs it. I'm not offended, but you seem to be cooked up. Let's focus on the topic : The pick-up Dove. Is there anything you still need to know ?

3 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Please relax - the world needs it. I'm not offended, but you seem to be cooked up. Let's focus on the topic : The pick-up Dove. Is there anything you still need to know ?

Don't throw darts at me for my respectful communications here simply because your thin skin gets irritated by perfectly reasonable discourse, and then tell me to relax! Your gaslighting ain't gonna work on me brother! 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Lou Theeur said:

Don't throw darts at me for my respectful communications here simply because your thin skin gets irritated by perfectly reasonable discourse, and then tell me to relax! Your gaslighting ain't gonna work on me brother! 

Lou, , , I won't and can't go into a serious conflict on these pages, it's impossible. Let's just not use the same table.

All you need is Dove

There is at least one, truly corrupt poster on this site, with intentions to create conflict, it could be somebody with alliances with a competing guitar brand, or possibly, somebody with no particular alliances with a competing brand but just has very poor intentions in general. Either way, these forums are usually very poorly monitored unfortunately, but I can tell you, at least one person needs to be banned from this forum!

Edited by Lou Theeur
  • Sad 1

• 2 years later...

My Dove search lead me here.  This guy asked for a brief description of experience/background and gets attacked...

Like  I said, the discussion of the price of a new guitar must be a polarizing issue...or, at least the request for a little info on guitar experience is...

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, guitarnutt said:

My Dove search lead me here.  This guy asked for a brief description of experience/background and gets attacked...

Like  I said, the discussion of the price of a new guitar must be a polarizing issue...or, at least the request for a little info on guitar experience is...

New, especially, a Dove is expensive. That’s my experience. Do an internet search. North of 4k.

17 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

New, especially, a Dove is expensive. That’s my experience. Do an internet search. North of 4k.

Inflation.....I LOVE my Doves..... one is very special because my bride gave it to me back when we struggled to pay for our son to be born.... The DIF I bought with the intent to give it to my (at that time) unborn grandson.   I showed it to him last week and told him how special that guitar is.....I told him he could have it when I can no longer play.  $4K isn't that much these days!

7 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

$4K isn't that much these days!

I’ll PM you my address, and you can send me $4k if it’s not that much these days.

Glad I had no liquid in my mouth when I read that or the screen would be showered.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I’ll PM you my address, and you can send me $4k if it’s not that much these days.

Glad I had no liquid in my mouth when I read that or the screen would be showered.

It’s all relative……I mean if your relatives have money, $4k isn’t that much!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Then I’m assuming yours do by your statement.

Not really... grew up poorer than most....  Dad was a Redi-Mix driver....there were 5 of us kids, plus we always had at least one spare.  Mom didn't work.

Just a working guy who's retired now....living on my investments and social security, (plus a little from my old job).

• Like 1