Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson Les Paul Classic - Odd markings - What is this?

LesPaul50sTribute

On 12/27/2020 at 9:29 AM, rct said:

I'm only amazed at the idea that there are actually grownass men and women guitar players that think there are crowds of people standing around guitar factories "QC"ing things.  Think of your own companies, your own jobs, the places you've been going for xx years.  Think of the painful, chronic eyerolls you've experienced as you put customers first and blah blah blah and on an on an on.

Guitar company no different.  All of them.

rct

yep

5fcc9185bc0c8bc2319f0cbe2ef1f078dc457773

12 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Judging by the knobs that looks like the 50s neck.  If so, it won't feel very much like the Classic.  

Don't turn the bridge upside down as the saddles may fall out.  At least one of mine did - what the hell?  

Yes thanks for that - I noticed that as well - This will be my second Standard 50s - I have a 2019 Standard as well.  At first I thought I had a defective bridge- I learned quick to handle the bridge with care. 

As far as the neck i have had about every neck Gibson offers. I sort of like the change and size/shape differences myself.  Some like to stick to one shape. I have always liked the change up. 

11 hours ago, LesPaul50sTribute said:

Thanks guys - yes it was a bit of a hassle with two send backs but in the end getting a Standard as a upgrade was well worth the time I spent. 

This whole time I have not heard you once mention how each of these guitars sound. Ok, so the last on they sent you meets your visual approval. But it might sound the worst of all three of the guitars. That first one with the markings might have sounded the best.

It's a musical intrument. Not artwork. The most imprortant thing should be how it sounds. Yes, I understand you pay a lot of money, and want it to look good, but don't you want it to sound good! Shouldn't that be the main thing you are looking for in a guitar???????????????????? And yet the only thing you seem to be concerned with is cosmetics. 

Just makes me shake my head...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2