Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson ES 335 or ES 339 question thx!

PlayerSTill

10 hours ago, Larry Mal said:

I didn't even know that existed... but yeah, I don't know. I have a 330, also. 

Fact is I love the ES body, so making it smaller doesn't really do anything for me. I guess if I felt I needed or wanted a smaller body shape for whatever reason I would feel differently. 

But since I don't, I don't. 

Like I said above, it's just the same guitar only in a smaller form factor. I don't see that it brings much of anything else to the table, and I have very serious doubts that they sound different in any real way. 

So the decision really would be do you think that the smaller or larger guitar will be more comfortable? And that's nothing that anyone on the internet could answer for anyone else. 

As I've said elsewhere, I have never even played a 335, so I'm in no position to judge. However, I do have a 339. At the time of buying I tried out a 390 also, but it didnt occur to me to consider a 335. 

When it becomes easier I will try some 335s out of curiosity.

Nothing discussed here has given me any pause for thought about my 339. I am secure in my choice & it suits me fine. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The ONLY reason I went with the 339 over the 335 was the price tag, size had nothing to do with it. I would have preferred the 335 of course, however I do NOT have any regrets for purchasing the 339. The 339 has been a joy to play and I see it always being a part of my arsenal. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...