Gibson Brands Forums

Happy New Year

Pinch

I have never thought of my life as something that is dictated by a calendar. Tomorrow may be the start of 2021, but to me that means nothing. As a teacher, I measure my time by "school years". August starts the year, and May/June ends it for me. Then I have the Summer off.  I've never made a resolution in my life. I have goals through out my life and usually reach them if seriously trying. 

I do hope this next calandar year is better for everyone. But I learned a lot about myself this past calandar year. The pandemic has made me do a lot of thinking about stuff I never would have thought about if not for it. Yes I wish it hadn't happened. But I have seen some postive aspects of it in my life. 

Forgot, I hope everyone does have a good healthy new year! Actually this one hasn't been so bad for us. Deb & I were talking and we were blessed pretty good. We both stayed healthy, The kids all did the same and worked from home this whole year. I got a new SUV, so we can't complain. 

• Like 2

I don't think it's 'politically incorrect'  to point out the campaign promises of the President Elect, especially as we enter into the new year and the next 4 years under his, Kamala's and unknown advisor's leadership.  After all - they will have more impact on whether we have a Happy New Year than any other small group of people. 

5 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I don't think it's 'politically incorrect'  to point out the campaign promises of the President Elect, especially as we enter into the new year and the next 4 years under his, Kamala's and unknown advisor's leadership.  After all - they will have more impact on whether we have a Happy New Year than any other small group of people. 

For the good of the country I hope I'm 100% wrong.