Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul custom Jack Daniel’s ?

Grod

The metric bridge is a giveaway. The headstock is all kinds of wrong and you can see that the truss rod cover has what looks like a fake screw at the bottom to hide the fact that there is no wood under it because it has a the wrong type truss rod nut. It will have a slot for a allen wrench instead of a nut.

Everything Diskotekno said, plus the diamond inlay on the head stock is too small, the logo is too high. the stop tail is too low, the metric bridge is too far away from the pick ups, the nob locations are off, no nibs on the fret ends, the finger board should be ebony (all though some years they changed it) the pickup rings are too wide. If you pull the pick ups, there should be writing in them. The control cavity should not be painted inside. I could just keep going on for ever. The pick-guard is way wrong. look at how the inlays on the neck are not centered between the frets. The store, if they know anything about guitars should have spotted all of this right off.

You have an eye! I'm trusting you because I'm really lost in the middle of the picture of the internet to compare!...

it's a store that sells second-hand items, so they don't have your knowledge

Thanks again!

Edited by Grod
  • Like 1