Gibson Brands Forums

Cry baby from hell wah problem (noise on or off)

Fernandorivasc

Hello I have an issue with a cry baby wah pedal (cry baby from hell) the camo one.

It seems there is a weird noise even when the pedal is not engaged.

Is not so present when the amp is clean but becomes unbearable when using any kind of overdrive or distortion.

I checked the dodder joints in the board and everything looks fine there is no scratching noise when the pedal is rocked.

The noise is either on or off even with the pedal isolated from the pedalboard, using a battery or an adapter does not change anything.

Does anyone knows how to solve this issue or if it might be the conductor or something? 

Anyone knows how to troubleshoot this? I tried changing cables as well and the issue is the same, is not a hum is something erratic and different from that.

I appreciate all the help.

31 minutes ago, Fernandorivasc said:

Hello I have an issue with a cry baby wah pedal (cry baby from hell) the camo one.

It seems there is a weird noise even when the pedal is not engaged.

Is not so present when the amp is clean but becomes unbearable when using any kind of overdrive or distortion.

I checked the dodder joints in the board and everything looks fine there is no scratching noise when the pedal is rocked.

The noise is either on or off even with the pedal isolated from the pedalboard, using a battery or an adapter does not change anything.

Does anyone knows how to solve this issue or if it might be the conductor or something? 

Anyone knows how to troubleshoot this? I tried changing cables as well and the issue is the same, is not a hum is something erratic and different from that.

I appreciate all the help.

How new is it? Do you have another amp and does it do it with that amp?  Or have you tried it with another guitar?

Thanks for the response, I've had it for like a year, the problem persists with any guitar or amp, tried 3 amps already, and put it against another Dimebag Darrell wah. The issue with this one remains, I'm thinking that could be the inductor (fassel red) but I'm not sure how to discard that theory.

It might be something with the bypass maybe? The noise is with the pedal on or off. The noise does not change when the effect is engaged or not, it just becomes less apparent without distortion, almost ok.

But as soon as distortion pedal or overdrive from the amp is engaged the problem starts. Is hard for me to describe the sound but I'm sure is not a ground hum.