Gibson Brands Forums

cases

merciful-evans

Yes, I was sorry enough to picture some of my cases. I dont suppose I'm the only one though.

The first one is not actually that much good. Its strong enough to do its job, but the latches dont line up well, so the head end needs a thump to engage. Its a Kinsman: 

DdxIS4P.jpg

OMwijS4.jpg

XA4Ohil.jpg

Edited by merciful-evans
  • Like 3

Good old generic 80s tweed case with  Tele - which in fact has its own black Fender case

Tweed-Case2.jpg

Calton (UK) early 80s made to measure, reinforced fiberglass -  apologies for kitchen floor shot

Blonde2017b.jpg

My favourite guitar case would be a black Gibson chainsaw with all the latches working.  Those recent steel(?) ones didn't look bad either.

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, jdgm said:

Good old generic 80s tweed case with  Tele - which in fact has its own black Fender case

My favourite guitar case would be a black Gibson chainsaw with all the latches working.  Those recent steel(?) ones didn't look bad either.

That's a much better tweed case than my cheapie one. 

The Gibson metalic ones were aluminium. Yes I very much like the look of those too. This is a SG one (e-bay add)

s-l640.jpg

My LP Chainsaw case proved to be a very good fit for my Blues Hawk..

JERWz17.jpg

I have a few identical LP cases.

VInE1Qd.jpg

Another one of my LP cases, one of a few I got at the same time.

MwXowem.jpg

I have 3 different SG cases for 4 guitars.

oxr1UTv.jpg

My Black SG
tt6GtKZ.jpg

My Gibson SG case fits my Wilshire a little more snug than my Epiphone SG case.

oROaH5I.jpg

SG case for my Tele.

gy4BvNc.jpg

My oldest LP case that survived travel, the other LP cases are cushier inside and fit the contour a little better, but this one protects my Blueshawk's Tremolo the best.

OByos4u.jpg

Same old LP case for beating around.

80f9kJQ.jpg

My Strat case for my  Ibanez....

oN51mxp.jpg

Most of my cases are used for unrelated guitars

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

1/ Dino from the Flintstones

2/ Explorer

5 hours ago, rct said:

I had a post that simply said "Dino".  I didn't think a soul would know what I was talking about.  Man I laughed at this one.

rct

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Gig Bags are the new cases.

All good responses this is actually kind of an antique Explorer case from the mid 60's that I found on eBay, But my Frankensplorer loves it.

Edited by mihcmac

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Gig Bags are the new cases.

True. Some of them are good and they're all easier to store. I use two MIJ bags to hang guitars in a wardrobe (closet). The PRS ones are good, but I still don't like them. I'm selling a PRS right now & it'll be good to see the back of that scribbly black bag.

I suppose I'm old school. Even the shltty old Stagg case (that's unfit for purpose), became usable once I filled it with shaped foam board. Its a bit of a jigsaw puzzle, but you know, in a pinch...