Gibson Brands Forums

What's in a name?

BoSoxBiker

Just letting it be known that I've changed my username. I'm looking forward to Springtime and the start of baseball season. The old name - "PatriotsBiker" was a combination of growing up a New England Patriots fan back in the 1970's and my love of motorcycling. It's now BoSoxBiker, which is a nod to my beloved Boston Red Sox.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BoSoxBiker said:

Just letting it be known that I've changed my username. I'm looking forward to Springtime and the start of baseball season. The old name - "PatriotsBiker" was a combination of growing up a New England Patriots fan back in the 1970's and my love of motorcycling. It's now BoSoxBiker, which is a nod to my beloved Boston Red Sox.

Here's to hoping they have a better year in 2021,  last season was a bit of a dumpster fire.  I'm not a follower of the Sox, or BBALL in general, but a few of my close friends are die hard loyal fans.

I'm more into hockey, which restarts Thursday,  The Bruins got HOSED last year,  they were on fire till the shut down in March. 

22 hours ago, BoSoxBiker said:

I've had a few different names on the forum and I am sure I have been called  a few names too.

11 hours ago, J185cat said:

Be careful there BoSoxBiker, there a lot of old time Yankee fans down here!  Fortunately I am not one of them.  If you house is like mine the humidity is already very low so keep them guitars right and thanks for updating us.

LOL - yes, but they don't pick on people like me anymore. Not like they used to.

The weekly rains have been good to me so far this winter, but I bet this next week is going to make me use a humidifier. 

1 hour ago, Lars68 said:

I'm glad your new name isn't BoToxBiker.

[scared]

Lars

Ouch!

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I've had a few different names on the forum and I am sure I have been called  a few names too.

Oh, no, they don't say that. Not that you know of. (Chevy Chase's line to Bill Murray in (Caddyshack)

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

Here's to hoping they have a better year in 2021,  last season was a bit of a dumpster fire.  I'm not a follower of the Sox, or BBALL in general, but a few of my close friends are die hard loyal fans.

I'm more into hockey, which restarts Thursday,  The Bruins got HOSED last year,  they were on fire till the shut down in March. 

I thought the "B's" were going to win it 2 years.  I've not followed Hockey closely in over a decade, though I don't know why.

10 hours ago, Lars68 said:

I'm glad your new name isn't BoToxBiker.

[scared]

Lars

Good one, Lars. . . creates quite the image, and might make more sense (😧?) to those not into American sports. 

It's going to take some effort now to keep from typing a T instead of an S when replying to the big guy's posts. 🙂

Edited by 62burst

5 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Congrats on your new name. Not that it would have influenced anything, but for some unspecified reason glad it didn't became BiSexLiker. Did you visit a numerologist. .  

If I get any uglier it might be BuySexLiker. 🙂

3 hours ago, Dave F said:

Thought you might follow Brady and become TbayBiker

I'm more of a Grogan fan, but I guess Brady did OK.

• Haha 1

I never associated your old username with the New England Patriots.  I figured you were one of those guys with a big Harley and an even bigger American flag flying off the back of it 😅  But the new name makes a clear connection to a baseball team so that clears that up!