Gibson Brands Forums

Custom club

jrseriel

I`m going to make my standard to be a custon .. simply i want to "shave" my neck ( i think that U call it that way ). I hate the paint on neck, I`d love to have a Zakk Wylde Neck but with my body ... hope it`ll come out great with some oil and wax just ;)

Thanks Jantha, I only have nine guitars. ;)

Great shots, flight!!

eldiablo, nice Custom but are you sure it's Oxblood? I thought only '54 Customs were Oxblood. :-k

I know the colour Oxblood looks black but it also looks chocolaty in certain pics. Yours all look black.

I`m going to make my standard to be a custon .. simply i want to "shave" my neck ( i think that U call it that way ). I hate the paint on neck' date=' I`d love to have a Zakk Wylde Neck but with my body ... hope it`ll come out great with some oil and wax just ;)[/quote']

Excuse me, you're going to do what? Customize your Standard or try to turn it into a LP Custom?

You know you can't turn it into a LP Custom, right?

eldiablo' date=' nice Custom but are you sure it's Oxblood? I thought only '54 Customs were Oxblood. ;)

I know the colour Oxblood looks black but it also looks chocolaty in certain pics. Yours all look black.

[/quote']

They made some Oxblood in 08's. The color isnt listed on the Gibson site.

GC where I bought the guitar said they didnt make many.

It's very difficult to get a picture where you can see the deep burgandy in the black.

Here is a decent pic where you can tell it's not black for sure...

blood.jpg

blood2.jpg

no i`m not going to wrtie CUSTOM on my guitar it`ll be just customized ... as i explained earlier it wont be standard anymore cause i dont think that there are some standards without a paint on neck ... it will be just mine customization =P~ and it will be a customized, sorry for my mistake customized not custom ;)

Archived