Gibson Brands Forums

I thinned the herd down to near extinction.

gearbasher

It's a 2006. The label says J-45 Custom Flame LTD.

Here's one that sold recently: https://loviesguitars.com/product/rare-gibson-j-45-custom-shop-flamed-maple-limited-1-of-40-2006-vintage-natural-ohsc/

They claim it's 1 of 40. Of course it has ebony board and bridge. According to the serial #, mine was stamped two days after this one.

Edited by gearbasher
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

It's a 2006. The label says J-45 Custom Flame LTD.

Here's one that sold recently: https://loviesguitars.com/product/rare-gibson-j-45-custom-shop-flamed-maple-limited-1-of-40-2006-vintage-natural-ohsc/

They claim it's 1 of 40. Of course it has ebony board and bridge. According to the serial #, mine was stamped two days after this one.

Very interesting...they're such beautiful instruments when the golden hue starts to develop. I reckon as an '06 it's probably from the same run as the one that I played in early '08...I'm not surprised it's a keeper!

6 minutes ago, PrairieSchooner said:

More guitars than I need, more shotguns than I need, more fly rods than I need, etc. etc.  My wife and kids are gonna have to deal with 'em someday cause I ain't selling any 😄!

They might say to bulldoze you and your stuff!😧

Me......currently thinking of 3 more!

BUT, I already have ONE too many and it is sitting in its case on the floor like it is leaving.....

AND I think my house may just sink on the music room end if I get any more, tip over!😕

Some forum people say ‘One woman, many guitars!’ Sometimes one is too much, so I tend to think of the guitars as something ‘puppy like’, pet? As in, how mean is it to ditch the pet?

BluesKing777.

37 minutes ago, PrairieSchooner said:

More guitars than I need, more shotguns than I need, more fly rods than I need, etc. etc.  My wife and kids are gonna have to deal with 'em someday cause I ain't selling any 😄!

The only problem with this strategy is: they're gonna sell it all for what you told them you paid for them.

Edited by gearbasher
  • Thanks 1