Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Demo Shop

Twang Gang

Check out the Gibson Demo Shop on the first page of the website.  It's a Reverb listing of a bunch of guitars that were demo models.  There is some pretty cool stuff there that is kind of hard to find normally, like Les Paul Less+, ES 275, Midtowns, some LP Junior and Specials.  Everything has a few scratches and dings and some are priced about the same as a new guitar, but you might find something you like at a pretty good price.

Here's one example

Gibson Les Paul Special Double Cut, Vintage Sunburst | DemoA LP Special double cut for $999.

Edited by Twang Gang
  • Thanks 1

It's there, maybe it's a US only thing.

It's kind of a Scratch N Dent Sale (and a way of clearing out old stock) without the discount or the normal warranty, though.

I was interested in the Firebird V with the vibrola but the price and 2 year playability warranty only, nah.  I have enough guitars.

Edited by SteveFord

• 3 months later...

That is not just a key chain.  I got one of those with some Gibson I bought and on the reverse side of where Gibson is embossed there is a snap.  Open it up and you have a little pocket to put a pick or two in.  So if you use the key chain for your car keys, you'll always have a pick handy for spur of the moment guitar playing.  

Don't laugh - I went into a bar with a buddy of mine once and there was a guy playing guitar and singing (he was just OK).  My buddy being pretty outgoing and a little drunk went up and asked him if he would let me get up and play a few songs.  He was agreeable and handed over his guitar.  But I didn't have a pick and asked him if he did - but he only played fingerstyle.  The bartender must have really wanted to hear something different from this guy so tossed me a match book and I played with that.  Could've sure used my Gibson key chain/pick holder that day.

True story.

PS - REALLY nice looking 335!!

Edited by Twang Gang
  • Thanks 1