Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Classic ordered.

wildebassman

20210120_192137.thumb.jpg.2de7411fa9080182656237988bfce8e3.jpgToday I ordered a Gibson LP classic online at a German store. Not one of the big retailers, but a smaller family owned store. The son of the owner is a trained luthier/guitar builder.

I live near Amsterdam in the Netherlands and we are in a lockdown. Normally I don't buy guitars online, I'd rather feel and pick them myself.

But the owner answered all my questions and assured me that the guitar is a vibrant resonating  9 lbs. copy. Now it's in transit to the Netherlands. 

One thing, I have been playing mainly Fenders the last 30 years and when I look at the picture, I find that the high e string is pretty close to the edge of the fretboard at the first positions. Or is this normal?

Edited by wildebassman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, wildebassman said:

I find that the high e string is pretty close to the edge of the fretboard at the first positions. Or is this normal?

I KNEW there was some worries I'd left out when going over my new LP!

Looks perfectly normal to me in the picture. Seems to be a good year for Gibsons.

Well, came in today, there's nothing like the real deal...  The actual weight is 9.7 lbs, was advertised as 9...still seems to be pretty normal for a modern LP.

Man.. opening the case..just that smell, sweet, sweet, sweet ..not a flaw to be found, beautifully made, it truly is a new era for Gibson. ..Compared to my old 90's studio this is in a completely different ballpark build quality wise. The studio is a great player too though.

Also string spacing and the rest is perfect.

Edited by wildebassman

9 hours ago, wildebassman said:

Well, came in today, there's nothing like the real deal...  The actual weight is 9.7 lbs, was advertised as 9...still seems to be pretty normal for a modern LP.

Man.. opening the case..just that smell, sweet, sweet, sweet ..not a flaw to be found, beautifully made, it truly is a new era for Gibson. ..Compared to my old 90's studio this is in a completely different ballpark build quality wise. The studio is a great player too though.

Also string spacing and the rest is perfect.

69689854.jpg

• 1 month later...