Gibson Brands Forums

VACCINE! - Get Your's Yet?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be

Wow, a year later and you people are none the wiser.  There are maybe a few people here that have some sense but the rest of you are morons.  You've been lied to by the rabid media (wing of the democr

IMO The politicians, pundits, propagandists, and posters on social media are the ones to be suspected of not knowing what they are talking about. Fauci, The scientists at the CDC, and the WHO's s

There's no denying we totally botched this.

I know the geography and population density is a lot different but  I think we may be the remedial reading class of the planet.

Austalia: under 30,000 cases, 910 deaths

USA: 31,600,000 cases, 566,000 deaths

• Like 3

Considering that EVERYbody, every single news resource, every politician of every nation has an agenda when it comes to the covid pandemic?

I don't particularly believe a single word, figure, number, or statistic that has been shoved in our face. 
Not for one minute. 

Covid 19 'information';
Too many contradictions over the past year,  too much at stake (for those hoping to take advantage of the collective fear and anxiety), and too many instances of outright lying. 

I'm good here. 
I know how to take care of myself and my family. 
Always have, always will. 

And may God bless each and every one of you Gibson guitar players out there in radio land. 
Peace I wish for you. 
😉

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I don’t know why anyone would want to consider any of these garbage bag media sources that are interested in making money and ratings as a legitimate source of information. They know the base they have and they try to trigger you with stories that are anything but journalistic. 

Since we are getting to the parts of this pandemic about being lied to... we get mad at the “experts” for flip-flopping, but I sure as hell was pissed when our former leader was saying this crap will just go away and no big deal, not giving a F about anything but vanity at others expense with huge maskless rallies. I never understood how people’s brains just melted these past few years and lost their wits to actually want to support this clown. Not saying we got much better today, but the orange is a psycho. 

You wanna know why we botched this thing... we have huge anti-science sentiment in this country. Huge amounts of people who want liberty at any cost where they revolt against a simple thing like wearing a f’n mask, getting a vaccine... We fight amongst ourselves with culture war type crap and we never get anything done. There’s just no unity and nothing there to unify ourselves with. Huge amounts of misinformation circulate and fuel the revolting charges here as well. This is why we - as the best country in the world as we have been taught all day every day - have the most embarrassing stats for cases and deaths. 

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I don’t know why anyone would want to consider any of these garbage bag media sources that are interested in making money and ratings as a legitimate source of information. They know the base they have and they try to trigger you with stories that are anything but journalistic. 

Since we are getting to the parts of this pandemic about being lied to... we get mad at the “experts” for flip-flopping, but I sure as hell was pissed when our former leader was saying this crap will just go away and no big deal, not giving a F about anything but vanity at others expense with huge maskless rallies. I never understood how people’s brains just melted these past few years and lost their wits to actually want to support this clown. Not saying we got much better today, but the orange is a psycho. 

You wanna know why we botched this thing... we have huge anti-science sentiment in this country. Huge amounts of people who want liberty at any cost where they revolt against a simple thing like wearing a f’n mask, getting a vaccine... We fight amongst ourselves with culture war type crap and we never get anything done. There’s just no unity and nothing there to unify ourselves with. Huge amounts of misinformation circulate and fuel the revolting charges here as well. This is why we - as the best country in the world as we have been taught all day every day - have the most embarrassing stats for cases and deaths. 

Can't help yourself ?   We can stay away from politics if we try.  Why not try for once?  

"We are being lied to."  And then  "we as the best country in the world have the most embarrassing stats."    We also have worse Neonatal Deaths than Cuba.  Would you rather your child be born here or there?  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Can't help yourself ?   We can stay away from politics if we try.  Why not try for once?  

"We are being lied to."  And then  "we as the best country in the world have the most embarrassing stats."    We also have worse Neonatal Deaths than Cuba.  Would you rather your child be born here or there?  

Are you actually asking Chris to avoid politics on this forum?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gdecant1 said:

Are you actually asking Chris to avoid politics on this forum?

...walks like a duck....

with the current trend being that of division based on ones own personal beliefs...  it's probably for the best..

most come here to get away from it.

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Lol go get an illegal out of your backyard. Literally deflecting the sad COVID stats here with Cuba’s neonatal death rate... yup no middle ground between us. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Looks like Cuba! Man I want to live there because the neonatal fatality rate is lower than here. Probably better COVID numbers too. 

Heh. 

That's Detroit. 
Your city. 

😉

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

You know what, I don’t doubt it! Cuba would look a lot nicer and hence another reason to want to live there

I have never been to Cuba, but I served in the Army with a few fellows who were from there, and who were brought here by their parents in the late 1950's or early 1960's. 

They said it was a beautiful place, what they could remember of it. 

🙂

• Sad 1
24 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I did use the term carefully A LOT nicer than Detroit. And you know I don’t live in Detroit. I live in a pretty fine place well north of Detroit so don’t know you or if you’re trying to take a jack at me here...  don’t know what your beef is if that’s your intent. 

I was not trying to take a jab at you, good sir. 

Ironically, I did a Google search for post-nuclear slum, or some such thing, and that was one of the images that showed up. 
My posting was going to be in the vein of 'nuke it from orbit', right?

It just so turned out that it was from one of the worst bits of Detroit. 

I don't know if we should call that ironic, or just quaintly coincidental. 

🤔

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, sparquelito said:

If I were a Mod or an Admin I would have nuked this thread from orbit a few days ago. 

This thread probably should have been shut down 5 pages ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Lol go get an illegal out of your backyard. Literally deflecting the sad COVID stats here with Cuba’s neonatal death rate... yup no middle ground between us. 

The point is,  Cuba lies about their healthcare statistics to make their healthcare  system seem better.  Some bureaucrats here admitted counting deaths as CV19  simply based on if the decedent had “symptoms” but were not tested.  Connect the dots.    True “scientists” do not lie about their results.  

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
35 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

...Here in northern MI, it’s the country. .. 

You a Yooper?

Been to Copper Harbor and the boat out to Isle Royal for a week.  Then wound our way back down through your lovely state.

rct

9 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Well it isn’t my city. Metro Detroit areas (as I like to think of it) is comprised of 3 large counties - Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb. You wouldn’t know where I lived if I told you my city. Here in northern MI, it’s the country. A lot of freedom fighters here who don’t want a vaccine where I live... 

Perhaps "Northern Michigan" on your profile then. 

Just to get that Detroit association off your avatar. 
I get the feeling you have no real love for Detroit anyway.

I posted "Northern Alabama" for mine, for instance. 
I could have typed, "in the country, near Huntsville". 
Or "Rocket City," I guess. 
The reality is that my postal address is in Harvest, Alabama. 

I'm not sure what a freedom fighter is in your view, but around here we have people who want the vaccine, people who don't want the vaccine, and people who don't want ANY vaccine of any sort, ever. 

I enjoy the freedom to choose, quite personally. 
There aren't many personal freedoms left, and the precious few that we currently enjoy are in danger every time an over-reaching government decides that they enjoy the deliciousness of power and control. 

To the OP and his original query;  "Vaccine, get yours yet?", I reiterate that NO, I have not had mine yet. 
And since  my wife and I have already had the covid19 infection and survived just fine thank you, I have no real intention of lining up for it. Best to leave those precious doses for those who need it and/or desire it. 

Cheerfully, respectfully, 

John Sparkman
235 Blackwater Drive
Harvest, AL

🙂

Edited by sparquelito
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

What do you do for a living might I ask? You seem to know how to know a lot what’s going on behind the scenes with conviction.  I don’t care about Cuba or illegals. I just want to get the F out of this pandemic and hope we can do something together to make this work. But alas, not likely. 

Chris,   Yeah, this pandemic is causing all of us a lot of very real pain.  

What I actually DID for a living ?   Healthcare Administration and Finance in major teaching hospitals for 30+ years.   At the Director level: submission of mountainous, onerous government reports on patient care - financial  and statistical.  Analysis of Medical Record data and billing.  Audited by several organizations every year - once even by the CMS OIG.  Had a letter to CA Dem Stark published in the Congressional Record.  De-bunking half a billion $ budgets and the feasibility of projections for new services like transplants, etc.   I try not to write about things I don't know anything about: Teachers and Auditors (among others) frown on it.   I try not to write about things I don't 'care' about -  and because  it's clear on this thread, from when BadBluesPlayer started it - that many of us care deeply about what is going on, I thought I'd participate.  I hesitated to answer your question, because it opens me up to all sorts of  'lying/bragging/ragging'   comments.  But, you asked in good faith.  

Since the pandemic came up - I have read as much about it as I could tolerate.   For example, here's an article from The Detroit News from Friday on the MI governor requiring 2 year olds to wear masks.   I don't expect you, or anyone here to 'believe' anything I'm writing in my comments here  (we've seen in the media how hard it is to separate fact from opinion)  - but to at least consider one of those tried and true 'guidelines' we use to hear when we were young  -  "Where there's smoke, there's fire." .  And the more recent one  "Let no good crisis go to waste."    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2021/04/16/whitmer-administration-extends-mask-requirement-kids-young-2/7256647002/.   And, one last time - Yes, I've had my vaccine.  But I don't think whether I have or have not should be a factor in my  'believability'.  

Peace, Out.  (Since I expect more than a couple of negative comments on my answer to your "What did you do for a living? " I'll just leave this thread now and move on to see if I can find one on Strings.  Which I know much less about. )  

• Sad 1
8 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Other than that I play music and want to play with the crew once this s*** is over somehow, someway. I’m getting my second shot this week too. Hoping this thing will be a help so society can interact again. 

I have been fully vax'd as have three others in our band, one guy has not made the effort to schedule them yet, but that's on him.  He's not an anti vaxer, though that would be 100% his right to choose.  He's just not tried to schedule yet.  But now with our state opening up the vax to all, he may find it easier to do so.

I was happy to report no ill effects with shot 2.

We resumed jamming last week, and it felt great to play with everyone again.  Looking forward to this weeks session.

I am disappointed this thread turned in to the circus it has.  Everyone has a right to their own frame of mind, to be ridiculed and insulted b/c of a disagreement in those "opinions" is not only sad, but it's what is wrong with our society right now. 

13 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

The point is,  Cuba lies about their healthcare statistics to make their healthcare  system seem better.  Some bureaucrats here admitted counting deaths as CV19  simply based on if the decedent had “symptoms” but were not tested.  Connect the dots.    True “scientists” do not lie about their results.  

Florida lies, cutting the sick and dead in half or more. When the person in charge refused to lie, the governor fired her. Sad 😞

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

@kidblast yeah I agree with the whole people have their right to be who they are. And I agree it’s probably not the best decision to be derogatory during times of disagreement. I’ll own up to my content and call it a rant. Not looking to get into stuff out of the realm of the vaccine-pandemic discussion. It’s been a frustrating time every day and I’m just tired of it all. Still hanging tough as I can but this s*** ain’t living. Glad I’m getting my second shot soon and hoping this helps for what it can. Literally all I’m really mad at here is the virus and the situation. I don’t want to get into an argument about facts and validity because that never goes well. But hey I said something and I get what’s coming to me. I don’t care. Not leaving the discussions I enjoy participating in. Not intending in derailing the thread but hey, it was my turn to crack haha! Glad you guys are playing again and doing some actual living. Best wishes!

There is nothing you offered to this discussion I had a problem with.    

so that's not on you.,.