Gibson Brands Forums

VACCINE! - Get Your's Yet?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be

Wow, a year later and you people are none the wiser.  There are maybe a few people here that have some sense but the rest of you are morons.  You've been lied to by the rabid media (wing of the democr

IMO The politicians, pundits, propagandists, and posters on social media are the ones to be suspected of not knowing what they are talking about. Fauci, The scientists at the CDC, and the WHO's s

I recall he said he was a MD... I don't know why anyone would lie about that on here... It's not exactly a singles bar. It's a bunch of elderly men and a middle aged one whose unchecked nacho and breadsticks diet has made him think he's a dinosaur. And that's BEFORE the vaccine. 

54 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I recall he said he was a MD... I don't know why anyone would lie about that on here... It's not exactly a singles bar. 

I believe it, only because of the obvious narcissism and wet ****** rag personality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps I should clarify my earlier statements, and qualify them in a purely objective,  scientific, and apolitical fashion. 

I have already had an outbreak of Shingles, just a few years ago. 
The virus is in me. 
It'll always be in me.   The disease has been recognized since ancient times.
About half of those of us living to age 85 will have at least one attack, and fewer than 5% will have more than one attack.

When my doctor asked me in February if I wanted the Shingles shot, I said, "No. But thank you for asking."

My wife and I have already experienced the covid19 infection. 
About a year ago. 
We went through it. It was rough, but not that rough. 
A lot of guys and gals at my workplace had it. We all got thru it. 
I have had worse head colds, quite honestly. 
And the variations of the coronavirus that cause the common cold have been with us since ancient times, truly. 

When my doctor asked me just the other day if I wanted the covid19 vaccination I said,

"No. But thank you for asking."

He said,  "Why not?"

I replied that my wife and I, and most of my coworkers had already been through it, and, further, 
"Let's just save those precious doses for those out there who want it and need it."

"But the vaccinations will help you from getting it again."

"Like the vaccinations for the other, more prevalent coronavirus will help me from getting the common cold again?"

"There is no vaccination for the common cold."

"But it's a coronavirus, very closely related to covid19 in many, many ways, right?"

He shrugged. "All the data isn't in quite yet."

I said, "EXACTLY."

Exactly. 

I wish everyone who needs and wants the vaccination Godspeed, and all the luck in the world, I really do. 
Be healthy. Be well. 
Get that shot if you need it and want it. 

And I celebrate your freedom to decide whether you need it and want it or not. 

May God bless us all. 

😗

Edited by sparquelito
  • Like 1

I suppose it's possible that Black Dog is a urologist, if he ever pops up here again I'll have to ask what his specialty is.

Even with the 2 shots I still think of the locals as "diseased humans" and try to give them a wide berth.

Sorry to hear about the shingles, my first wife had them and they looked brutal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Cherry & I checked out some holiday cruises yesterday. The company stipulated that all passengers need proof of double vaccinations. 

That's def where we're headed, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. 

Have had to brush up on my immunology, and as of today, I'm not convinced the vaccines are that bad.

Again, Black Dog is welcome to weigh in. 

• Like 1

Let's not get carried away here.  Remember in 2014 when they got rid of the nibs so that we could fly over the frets, the rat bastids!

Edited by SteveFord
  • Haha 1
On 4/25/2021 at 6:39 PM, SteveFord said:

Sorry to hear about the shingles, my first wife had them and they looked brutal.

Way back Deb got them, she had no ideal at first what they were. She even asked me to look at them and I was touching them with both hands trying to figure out what they were. Neither of us had Shingles in our life, so she had a terrible time for many months, about a year. I'm asked every year if I want the shingle shot and I say No. From what I hear, if you never had the chicken pox, you can't get the Shingles. I never had the Chicken Pox before.  

I was asked to contribute to a questionniare today about whether the uk should be aiding India with Covid. If you're following the news, India are in dire trouble with this. They need oxygen and vaccines. Perhaps every country does. I'm inclined to think that a country that poor is incapable of applying effective safety measures. A hard moral choice!

5 hours ago, Retired said:

Way back Deb got them, she had no ideal at first what they were. She even asked me to look at them and I was touching them with both hands trying to figure out what they were. Neither of us had Shingles in our life, so she had a terrible time for many months, about a year. I'm asked every year if I want the shingle shot and I say No. From what I hear, if you never had the chicken pox, you can't get the Shingles. I never had the Chicken Pox before.  

Shingles is nasty. I've had it  three times. The first time was worst. The last time was the mildest. 

If offered I would take a shingles jab. It's supposed to reduce severity.

That reminds me.  I need the shingles shots.  I still need to get shots for pneumonia, prolly a tetanus shot or two.  Maybe I'll get a round of kids' shots to make up for you stragglers.  Mumps, rubella, kennel cough.  I think I'll just go outside and poke myself with some stuff.

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Shingles is nasty. I've had it  three times. The first time was worst. The last time was the mildest. 

If offered I would take a shingles jab. It's supposed to reduce severity.

Yes it sounded pretty bad from Deb's description. I give her a lot of credit as she tried her best to never itch.  but it lasted almost a year with her before she felt better. I was told, I could get chicken pox but not shingles first till I had the chicken pox.  At 68? If the grandkids come down with the chicken pox they will stay home & not come to our house. I feel incredibly sorry for for getting it 3 times Evans, That had to be bad!

I woke up this morning at 2:00 am. 
I sat up, wide awake. 

I had an uneasy feeling, and then a revelation. 
I looked around, got my bearings, and said out loud, "$#hit. I'm not going to be able to get out of it."

My wife, stirring, mumbled, "What in the world are you talking about?"

"This G066damned covid shot. I'm going to have to go get it."

"What the hell?  We have talked about this. You and I already had the covid infection, over a year ago. We don't need the shot!"

"I know that and you know that. But your daughter up in New York doesn't want to ever see us or get together again until everyone is vaccinated."

She sat up, and blinked. Looked at the time on the alarm clock, and silently shook her head. 

I said, "And our band's drummer, Joe. His father is immune-compromised from cancer treatments. There is no way Joe will ever come to band practice, let alone play a gig, until everyone involved is vaccinated. He has said as much."

My wife shook her head again. 
"$#hit.   We're not going to be able to get out of it."

She and I went to our corner pharmacy first thing this morning, the one where we regularly pick up our blood pressure meds and such, and got the J & J covid shot. The "one and done" shot. 
We did it, and it's over now. 

I hate it. 
I'm hard-headed. 
Never one to buckle under to peer pressure and family pressure. 

And today I buckled-under to peer pressure and family pressure. 

Whatever. 
It's done. 

😑

• Like 3

Good job, Sparky.

Whether or not it's necessary or will do any good, who knows?  I don't think anybody does.

Should countries with surpluses send their extra to needy countries?  Hell, yeah!

We are all so interconnected and this virus doesn't care about imaginary lines on a map.  Reading between the lines a little bit you can see how terrified the health care professionals are that what's out there now will circulate long enough to leapfrog past all of the available vaccines and rip through us, bigger and badder than before.

I was reading today that the hospitals are filling up with really sick young people.  Before they just blew it out their nose and took another bong hit.  

And no, I am not a doctor and I did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn Express.  

I just read a lot because naked 18 year old babes are not hot for my bod'.  Now THERE'S a puzzler.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, sparquelito said:

We did it, and it's over now. 

I hate it. 
I'm hard-headed. 
Never one to buckle under to peer pressure and family pressure. 

And today I buckled-under to peer pressure and family pressure. 

Whatever. 
It's done. 

😑

Sparky, ya know, it sucks that this is going on still but we HAVE to move on from this.

Immunization is really the only way we're going to be able to put this in our rear view mirrors and these restrictions and lock downs become a thing of the past.

I have co-workers in Germany, India, and they are no where near even being close to having the ability to get the vaccines.  Germany and other places in Europe are far more restricted than we are here.  My bud in Berlin said June, or July is the earliest, and it's likely for many it wont be till August or October over there.

That you were able to just go to the Pharmacy and get it, with out having to fight through hours of trying to schedule it like many people had to, is a major win!   It wasn't easy to get this done for many of us.   It was hell for many of the elderly who need it most.

I really can't tell ya how to feel, I can only say, I believe that you did the right thing for you, your family and your circle of friends.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2