Gibson Brands Forums

VACCINE! - Get Your's Yet?

35 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I have co-workers in Germany, India, and they are no where near even being close to having the ability to get the vaccines.  Germany and other places in Europe are far more restricted than we are here.  My bud in Berlin said June, or July is the earliest, and it's likely for many it wont be till August or October over there.

That you were able to just go to the Pharmacy and get it, with out having to fight through hours of trying to schedule it like many people had to, is a major win!   It wasn't easy to get this done for many of us.   It was hell for many of the elderly who need it most.

Yeah, I do feel blessed to be living in a place where the availability (and options) are so great. 

We went from, just a few months ago, all these layers and protocols, and waiting lists, and long waiting lines (for people getting the vaccine) to *boom* it's available in every drug store, clinic, doctor's office, and even Walmart. 

"Walgruhns, may I help you?"

"Yeah, do you have any salt water taffy, and vanilla wafer cookies?"

"Yes, we have those, on Aisle 4."

"How about the covid shot?"

"Which one you want?  The Pfizer, J & J, or Moderna? We got them all."

"Okay, yeah. I wanna get the middle one there. Do I need to make an appointment?"

"Nope, just come on it. We'll hook you up."

I feel really bad for our friends and family in Germany and other places as well. 
It's a freedom that I cherished, the option to take the shot or decline it. 

But once you decide that you want to go ahead and get it out of the way, it's a downright luxury to be able to drop by practically any drugstore and get it, like it's packet of aspirin, or a bag of chips. 

Crazy times. 
😐

report1.jpg?itok=ot1N_Wmh

• Sad 1
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be

Wow, a year later and you people are none the wiser.  There are maybe a few people here that have some sense but the rest of you are morons.  You've been lied to by the rabid media (wing of the democr

IMO The politicians, pundits, propagandists, and posters on social media are the ones to be suspected of not knowing what they are talking about. Fauci, The scientists at the CDC, and the WHO's s

Got my 2 shots and should be good to go in a week. 

Just something to add, nowhere have I heard that once you get covid you are immune from all infection in the future. There may be a time that you are immune because you have produced the antibodies to overcome an infection, but those antibodies don’t last forever. As well, second infections aren’t rare. And just because it’s your second bout doesn’t mean it’s going to be mild. On the contrary it could be worse... No one knows for sure and not trying to incite fear but why not try to be cautious? These mRNA vaccines are not dangerous. 

And tired of hearing the whole I’ve gotten the virus before stuff it’s just a mild cold... Stop thinking of just how you did. There are people who are suffering with long haul symptoms and others who have lost their loved ones to this virus. It spreads like wildfire to the likes no one has seen before as well as not knowing how one will react to this virus. I’ve said this s*** until I’m blue in the face and won’t change my tune unless someone wants to present credible evidence to the table to shut me down. Specifically call me out on what I present that is factually incorrect then I’ll eat my words. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Got my 2 shots and should be good to go in a week. 

Just something to add, nowhere have I heard that once you get covid you are immune from all infection in the future. There may be a time that you are immune because you have produced the antibodies to overcome an infection, but those antibodies don’t last forever. As well, second infections aren’t rare. And just because it’s your second bout doesn’t mean it’s going to be mild. On the contrary it could be worse... No one knows for sure and not trying to incite fear but why not try to be cautious? These mRNA vaccines are not dangerous. 

And tired of hearing the whole I’ve gotten the virus before stuff it’s just a mild cold... Stop thinking of just how you did. There are people who are suffering with long haul symptoms and others who have lost their loved ones to this virus. It spreads like wildfire to the likes no one has seen before as well as not knowing how one will react to this virus. I’ve said this s*** until I’m blue in the face and won’t change my tune unless someone wants to present credible evidence to the table to shut me down. Specifically call me out on what I present that is factually incorrect then I’ll eat my words. 

The problem has always been, and I'm sure you will agree, that people with an agenda have been caught putting out bad information, self-serving information, misinformation, and disinformation on this virus. 

Exacerbated by legions of opinionated, combative, hysterical pinheads on social media, the situation is that it has become difficult to separate the reality and the facts from all the nonsense. 

Any reasonable man or woman of science would approach the subject with a great deal of skepticism, given the scarcity of credible, believable data and information. 

And please don't confuse 'skepticism' with a desire to rush to cling to this camp's radical notions, or that camps equally absurd theories. 
A good scientist is a born skeptic. 
And they understand the difference between credible, defendable, repeatable data sets and peer-reviewed experiments/studies 
and, 
propaganda. 

Was I fair in that summation, Chris?
🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've asked before, but I still don't know the answers - but I had read:

1. The vaccine largely protects you from dying, not from catching it or infecting others. It only helps you.

2. It may only last 6 months - its not a 'once and yer good for life' thing like the polio shot.

Chris - do you know if that's right or wrong? (I'm not knocking anyone for getting or not getting the shot - I just don't know what the truth is on those points).

All I’m saying is that no one here is an expert and you have to believe something here - vaccine works, or it don’t. Pretty binary... Whatever I’m not here to argue or start s***, I believe that this vaccine will help me and the community. Simple as that... This is what I get from what I’ve read and such so no one is going to convince me in some pissing match here. I don’t have the energy to do full blown dissertation here to prove all the people who want to “question” this crap... 

Like @kidblast said I can get a vaccine like buying candy at the drug store and other places in the world don’t have access just yet. We even got this thing in less than a year into the pandemic! And yes again agree with the whole we have to get TF out of this mess somehow, someway. Just letting this virus exploit our cells to reproduce is not going to be fun to experience for years most likely to come. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

1. The vaccine largely protects you from dying, not from catching it or infecting others. It only helps you.

2. It may only last 6 months - its not a 'once and yer good for life' thing like the polio shot.

Chris - do you know if that's right or wrong? (I'm not knocking anyone for getting or not getting the shot - I just don't know what the truth is on those points).

No one knows anything for sure. We are all experiencing something never experienced before in real time, so answering these definitively is not even possible. As well I know vaccines work - measles, mumps, rubella, polio... - so why should I have any reason to doubt a vaccine might work here... It might be a dud, it might be a savior. All I’m saying is talk to someone who studies this stuff or read what someone has published in a credible source. No one has said this vaccine is a silver bullet. In sum, I just don’t know how to answer this but in order to find a solution, stuff needs to be tried and proven out. We are sort of doing that now and thankful we have something promising to try out. What other options do we have if we don’t get the vaccine? Getting COVID-19 because that’s practically inevitable. We are all going to get exposed to this so why not try to help your immune system with a vaccine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Chris - generally I agree - though i actually think the experts would indeed know the answer to both questions as it would be basic science and part of the design of the vaccine - I hope it does stop you catching and spreading, but I'm not sure that's true. You'd think these things would be made crystal clear to the public but at the moment that might not be the messaging desired.

We actually have a bizarre reverse consideration here in Oz - my wife is eligible for early vaccine (we are way behind you guys)  as she cares for a disabled child, but since we have no Covid here at the moment and there has been at least one post vax blood clot death of women in her age group in recent weeks we have decided to hold off. we are  not anti-vax, but her chance of a quick death appears greater from the shot than from Covid right here and now - if Covid gets loose then that equation would change of course.

9 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

Chris - generally I agree - though i actually think the experts would indeed know the answer to both questions as it would be basic science and part of the design of the vaccine - I hope it does stop you catching and spreading, but I'm not sure that's true. You'd think these things would be made crystal clear to the public but at the moment that might not be the messaging desired.

We actually have a bizarre reverse consideration here in Oz - my wife is eligible for early vaccine (we are way behind you guys)  as she cares for a disabled child, but since we have no Covid here at the moment and there has been at least one post vax blood clot death of women in her age group in recent weeks we have decided to hold off. we are  not anti-vax, but her chance of a quick death appears greater from the shot than from Covid right here and now - if Covid gets loose then that equation would change of course.

I wish I knew the answers. I’m just trying to manage my life to help my family out to get that back to some sense of stability and structure. I’m not going to say where to get information from etc. Getting a message across to the general public these days isn’t easy. IDK... I’m an engineer where my background is strongly rooted in math and science. Not necessarily biological sciences, but the scientific method is not foreign concept to me. There are some smart people out there - way smarter than our comrades here. Why the hesitancy to believe in it I wonder... We didn’t make it this far - human race - because we have big claws and sharp teeth. We have the most complex “thing” on this entire earth in our heads - our brain. But alas, most people aren’t brilliant - just ordinary. It takes discipline to study the sciences as well as heart. Like the saying goes, if it were easy, everyone would be doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, 'Scales said:

From what I've read and come to understand; point 1: Yes I think that's right,  Point 2: I understand the same.

But we don't know what is right or wrong, because in fact no one knows.

The jury is still in session with this entire thing.

Makes sense that like the seasonal flu shot eventually, there would be a yearly booster, to at the least, keep those who would be most vulnerable safe from this being a terminal illness.

2 hours ago, sparquelito said:

The problem has always been, and I'm sure you will agree, that people with an agenda have been caught putting out bad information, self-serving information, misinformation, and disinformation on this virus. 

Exacerbated by legions of opinionated, combative, hysterical pinheads on social media, the situation is that it has become difficult to separate the reality and the facts from all the nonsense. 

Any reasonable man or woman of science would approach the subject with a great deal of skepticism, given the scarcity of credible, believable data and information. 

And please don't confuse 'skepticism' with a desire to rush to cling to this camp's radical notions, or that camps equally absurd theories. 
And they understand the difference between credible, defendable, repeatable data sets and peer-reviewed experiments/studies 
and, 
propaganda. 

🙂

You've summed up quite adequately exactly how I, and just about everyone around me feels.  With the exception a few friends and fam who believe anything they see on the friggen news channels.

So if it matters, IMHO that WAS a fair summation.

What's up with all this sad face emoji stuff here?  I am getting notified a bunch of times for knowing someone wants to poo-poo on my posts.  F this thread...  Is this what our "community" has come down to?  Why do I even want to waste my time here if my content is not appreciated.  Literally, nearly every-single post I make here is getting poo-pooed on and has for a while now.  If I am not appreciated here, then so be it.  I never tried to bust anyone's balls here or be disrespectful or waste my time going around tagging everyone's posts so WTF?  Why, because I don't like Donald the Con Trump?  Because I believe in vaccines...  I even took a break after I got my first wave of poo-poo emojis and if I'm going to be stalked by a-holes, then F this place.  Not all you are bad here, but there are some class-A turds here.  I spend my time to post something to share and this is what I get for wasting my time here.  It is becoming less and less fulfilling to participate here - and I don't just come here to talk politics in code or spread BS about covid, masks, etc.  So not happy here and not sorry for a F'n thing I posted. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, sparquelito said:

and, 
propaganda. 

🙂

A good scientist is a born skeptic.  Yes.  But that doesn't mean much after awhile.  As you become more competent, you don't throw skepticism around.  I've been an engineer for 40 years and there's nothing confusing about this stuff at all.  Getting all flustered about the facts isn't part of science.  Disrespect of others' work isn't scientific, it's like kicking over the game board and quitting.  Science is the pursuit of the truth.  Not complicated.  If us scientists had ESP, we'd have to charge more, lol.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

What's up with all this sad face emoji stuff here?  I am getting notified a bunch of times for knowing someone wants to poo-poo on my posts.  F this thread...  Is this what our "community" has come down to?  Why do I even want to waste my time here if my content is not appreciated.  Literally, nearly every-single post I make here is getting poo-pooed on and has for a while now.  If I am not appreciated here, then so be it.  I never tried to bust anyone's balls here or be disrespectful or waste my time going around tagging everyone's posts so WTF?  Why, because I don't like Donald the Con Trump?  Because I believe in vaccines...  I even took a break after I got my first wave of poo-poo emojis and if I'm going to be stalked by a-holes, then F this place.  Not all you are bad here, but there are some class-A turds here.  I spend my time to post something to share and this is what I get for wasting my time here.  It is becoming less and less fulfilling to participate here - and I don't just come here to talk politics in code or spread BS about covid, masks, etc.  So not happy here and not sorry for a F'n thing I posted. 

You're doing the good work.  If they gave a science quiz on here, all these guys would be scoring "below freezing", 32 or under.

These aren't your worldbeater types. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

There's someone who thinks it's funny. Same thing happened last year IIIRC. I just ignore it. 

• Thanks 1

some juvenile thinks emoji throwing is funny, he or she has a problem ., its not sane reasonable people like night hawk who are crazy, NH ,please keep sharing your opinions and stick around or you give the twits what they want.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Pinch said:

There's someone who thinks it's funny. Same thing happened last year IIIRC. I just ignore it. 

Thanks man, not losing sleep over it necessarily, but I come here not to be some sort of jerk.  I like to absorb what others post around here.  Most days I don't even have to post anything and just read stuff while learning something along the way about one of my favorite things - guitars; no need to add some non-value-added comment all the time.  So I'll own up to what I've said as best as I can because if I can't talk about guitars - especially Gibson guitars on their forum, my favorites - then that's rough.  I have enjoyed participating and wouldn't have made a wah-wah post if I didn't care about posting content here.  I imagine I'll just get used to having a poo-poo or 5 on every one of my posts from here on out then.  I should know when I'm posting something that is positive in nature so not worried about life then.  Yeah whatever, I ruffled some feathers.  Being the smart guy I am should have known what I was getting into.  Would-uhh, could-uhh, should-uhh...  Anyhow, thanks for the tip! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Thanks man, not losing sleep over it necessarily, but I come here not to be some sort of jerk.  I like to absorb what others post around here.  Most days I don't even have to post anything and just read stuff while learning something along the way about one of my favorite things - guitars; no need to add some non-value-added comment all the time.  So I'll own up to what I've said as best as I can because if I can't talk about guitars - especially Gibson guitars on their forum, my favorites - then that's rough.  I have enjoyed participating and wouldn't have made a wah-wah post if I didn't care about posting content here.  I imagine I'll just get used to having a poo-poo or 5 on every one of my posts from here on out then.  I should know when I'm posting something that is positive in nature so not worried about life then.  Yeah whatever, I ruffled some feathers.  Being the smart guy I am should have known what I was getting into.  Would-uhh, could-uhh, should-uhh...  Anyhow, thanks for the tip! 

NP. 

1 hour ago, badbluesplayer said:

You're doing the good work.  If they gave a science quiz on here, all these guys would be scoring "below freezing", 32 or under.

These aren't your worldbeater types. 

you just can't help yourself with the insults can you?

Edited by kidblast
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

Literally, nearly every-single post I make here is getting poo-pooed on and has for a while now.  ...  I even took a break after I got my first wave of poo-poo emojis and if I'm going to be stalked by a-holes, then F this place. 

I had started a thread about the low-key cyber bullying that happens on this forum when a certain group of people don't appreciate your opinion.   I ended up deleting it because it descended into stupidity.    Best thing to do is ignore it/blow it off.   Hasn't been happening to me as much lately, but then I haven't been going out on a limb trying to support any opinion too strongly.   It's just not worth it.     🤷‍♂️ I don't agree with every single thing you post but that's not the point of a forum.   I'm going to hit you up with a bunch of good karma and it would be cool if others joined in.  Like like like like like. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I had started a thread about the low-key cyber bullying that happens on this forum when a certain group of people don't appreciate your opinion.   I ended up deleting it because it descended into stupidity.    Best thing to do is ignore it/blow it off.   Hasn't been happening to me as much lately, but then I haven't been going out on a limb trying to support any opinion too strongly.   It's just not worth it.     🤷‍♂️ I don't agree with every single thing you post but that's not the point of a forum.   I'm going to hit you up with a bunch of good karma and it would be cool if others joined in.  Like like like like like. 

you're calling it for what it is, exactly...  

I take the good out of this place, and try to ignore the bad,, "try" is the operative word,

The tuff guys behind their keyboard? they aint so bad when you're facing them...  I'll leave that right there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
34 minutes ago, kidblast said:

you're calling it for what it is, exactly...  

I take the good out of this place, and try to ignore the bad,, "try" is the operative word,

The tuff guys behind their keyboard? they aint so bad when you're facing them...  I'll leave that right there.

I'm just as tough in real life as I am on here. So, not very. 🙂