Gibson Brands Forums

VACCINE! - Get Your's Yet?

46 minutes ago, kidblast said:

you're calling it for what it is, exactly...  

I take the good out of this place, and try to ignore the bad,, "try" is the operative word,

The tuff guys behind their keyboard? they aint so bad when you're facing them...  I'll leave that right there.

lol,  guys that do the most talking seem to do the least action. it's the guys standing there not saying a word are the ones to watch. my two best friends, they'll speak their minds but when they stop talking ... thats when  it's about to get ugly.  I've got some great stories ... lol

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be

Wow, a year later and you people are none the wiser.  There are maybe a few people here that have some sense but the rest of you are morons.  You've been lied to by the rabid media (wing of the democr

IMO The politicians, pundits, propagandists, and posters on social media are the ones to be suspected of not knowing what they are talking about. Fauci, The scientists at the CDC, and the WHO's s

58 minutes ago, Karloff said:

lol,  guys that do the most talking seem to do the least action. it's the guys standing there not saying a word are the ones to watch. my two best friends, they'll speak their minds but when they stop talking ... thats when  it's about to get ugly.  I've got some great stories ... lol

it's disappointing when adults have to make themselves feel better by knocking other people down.  (you know who you are..)

it says more about them than anything else if you ask me.

I am done with this thread,...  there's nothing left here for me to say.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

@sparquelito, I’m still upset with you since you tried to shame me for living where I do... Even though I don’t live there, you wanted to make a point and get a laugh out of it. Not happy with you for that. Anyhow, back to vaccination fun hour...

And yet you still haven't changed your avatar tag location from "LocationMetro Detroit, MI".

It's an easy fix. 

Just change it to where it reflects your actual domicile, and then a$sholes like me will never, ever again accuse you of living in Detroit.

To be clear, I have never endeavored to shame anyone for where they live. 
(Look at me. I'm in Alabama for Christ's sake.)

Peace. 
Really. 
😐

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
12 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I'm a little unclear Sparq - are you saying that you are a scientist who is qualified to study virus'?  

Yes. 

I'm a scientist who is qualified to study 
* viruses
* human behavior
* sheep-like human behaviors
* independent, free-thinking human behaviors
* the demonstrated behaviors of a variety of viruses
and,
* the demonstrated behaviors of angry, frustrated humans who have been subjected to a solid year of misinformation and disinformation about an admittedly nasty virus. 

So, yes. 
Any man or woman of science who understands The Scientific Method, (and is willing to apply The Scientific Method to any number of problems or situations) is qualified to study viruses.

Just be willing to separate true science from junk science, and all will become crystal clear. 

😐

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Got it today at 1540, Thanks to those who discovered and made the vaccine , and especially thanks to health care workers seeing people all day, putting themselves out there for the greater good of the world .  HEROS.   Jim   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Very cool!  Which path did you take, MD or PhD?   

I am not an MD, and haven't yet achieved a PhD. 

Are you saying that men and women who are scientists, researchers, test support personnel, technicians, test operations managers, survey instrument developers, Institutional and Organizational (IO) Psychologists, and Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) test leads, but who aren't MD's and PhD's, aren't qualified to study anything but things within those narrow parameters?

Science is science. 

I can't remember which man of science said it, but the bottom line is in his famous quote;

"Good science plus bad management equals bad science."

That's your mainstream covid 'science' in a nut-shell, old friend. 

🙂

Edited by sparquelito
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
2 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

My bad, thought you meant you are a Virologist. 

If I were a virologist, I would be shaking my head in bewilderment at the chicken-$hit that has passed for 'science' over the past year, as regards the coronavirus Covid19. 

Truth be told, every good man and woman of science has to be shaking their head right about now, at the very same thing. 

And that's exactly my point. 

😑

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

One of my good friends is one of these anti vax types.  Just totally irrational when it comes to getting medicine in a needle.  But he's got tattoos from head to toe.  Nice guy, but there's some underlying issues.  It's more about emotional insecurity and lack of social conscience.   

How big a deal is it to do something for everybody else?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, kidblast said:

it's disappointing when adults have to make themselves feel better by knocking other people down.  (you know who you are..)

it says more about them than anything else if you ask me.

I am done with this thread,...  there's nothing left here for me to say.  

I'll call your parents if you don't straighten out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Im picturing some sadly demented kook, madly laughing as it throws sad emoji and  doing wierd things in a dark room....hmmmm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, jvi said:

Im picturing some sadly demented kook, madly laughing as it throws sad emoji and  doing wierd things in a dark room....hmmmm

I’ve been getting emoji’ed for quite some time. I think I know who it is... only so few that I’ve interacted with that have had issues with my content, but have at it I say. If we can’t rebut conversational points like grown-a** men, then so be it. But there is some joker or maybe more that likes pop-pooing all over posts that are pro-vaccine, pro-mask, etc. Hey I asked for it the way I look at it though. Whatever. But in the end not sorry for anything I said as I tried to be as honest as I can be saying what I say with strong language and conviction. Reflecting back what good has it brought... can’t say for sure. But if others like me feel passionate enough to present their opinions about this health crisis, then dump it on me I don’t care. Not ashamed of who I am or what I believe. I got a lot to feel happy about - health, job, family... we aren’t doing bad over here... and no covid for my household and made it all the way to a vaccine that came in less than a year! Given all the misinformation and such today, I used my better judgements and kept the house in check. I’ll give my self an “atta boy!”  Cheers @jvi Hope things get better for Canada... Nice place BTW. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

But there is some joker or maybe more that likes pop-pooing all over posts that are pro-vaccine, pro-mask, etc. 

I don't know if it is specific to those topics.  Seems I've been followed from one thread to the next and sometimes someone will literally find all my comments in a thread to hit all of them.  

Screenshot-20210430-103535.png

Funny thing is it's pretty obvious 🤪

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I’ve been getting emoji’ed for quite some time. I think I know who it is... only so few that I’ve interacted with that have had issues with my content, but have at it I say. If we can’t rebut conversational points like grown-a** men, then so be it. But there is some joker or maybe more that likes pop-pooing all over posts that are pro-vaccine, pro-mask, etc. Hey I asked for it the way I look at it though. Whatever. But in the end not sorry for anything I said as I tried to be as honest as I can be saying what I say with strong language and conviction. Reflecting back what good has it brought... can’t say for sure. But if others like me feel passionate enough to present their opinions about this health crisis, then dump it on me I don’t care. Not ashamed of who I am or what I believe. I got a lot to feel happy about - health, job, family... we aren’t doing bad over here... and no covid for my household and made it all the way to a vaccine that came in less than a year! Given all the misinformation and such today, I used my better judgements and kept the house in check. I’ll give my self an “atta boy!”  Cheers @jvi Hope things get better for Canada... Nice place BTW. 

well put and cheers back at ya,  I hope things get better down there and everywhere else as well          IMAGINE ...

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I don't know if it is specific to those topics.  Seems I've been followed from one thread to the next and sometimes someone will literally find all my comments in a thread to hit all of them.  

Screenshot-20210430-103535.png

Funny thing is it's pretty obvious 🤪

Yeah looks like my login messages haha! I must have triggered someone good. I like to use words to show everyone how stupid I am instead of hiding behind a poo-poo emoji spam session. At least you know I’m an idiot as I remove all doubt opening up my trap haha! 

• Like 1

My wife got the second shot (Moderna). She didn't sleep at all and had severe chills last night.

I got the 'one and done' J&J on 4/8 with no ill effects other than a half hour of mild queasiness, a half hour of mild hot flash, followed by some unusual itching 4 or 5 days later, limited to my scalp and exposed skin. Probably unrelated but it was 'out of the blue'.

There, I've posted. That oughta drive people away for a couple days.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Oh man I am getting my second Moderna shot at the end of May.  Not looking forward to that. 

I had a little bout with feeling slightly... well off for a few hours. Nothing Tylenol couldn’t relieve and felt fine afterwards. Happened next day after #2. Just glad it’s over with and probably getting the booster when that’s coming down the pipe if necessary. 

• Sad 1

just heard that America is sending more vaccine to Canada from Kalamazoo and Id like to say thank to our neigbours for the help. Thank you. The   last shipment was Astrazeneca ,this one Pfizer (what I got ) , cheers...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The last time I posted on this thread was on 4/19.   At that time, I respectfully answered NightHawkChris' request that I provide information regarding my 'credentials' since he and others took issue with my comments.  It seemed a reasonable request - so I provided the info. At that time I said I was done with this thread, not wishing to be drawn into an argument about personal things.  And I was done ...until NHC followed me to another thread today to  challenge me again.   So, here is my absolute last comment on this thread. 

I have posted 24 comments here. Each and every one has gotten at least one sad emoji.  That's around three times as many as anyone else has.    Some of you have gotten a handful  in the past week and started whining about it right away.  I've said nothing until now.  And - even better, the same forum member has followed me to all my other posts to attach sad emojis.  

If sad emojis  cause you who whined as much pain as you seem to have claimed  in  the last few pages - you should consider facing  the reality of the modern world:   Social Media is a bane and a curse.  You either are in all the way, or you are going to be butt hurt.    

Certainly, feel free to agree or, more likely disagree -  here.  I will read your responses and take them seriously....but absolutely, positively will not reply.   And this time  I really mean it!  😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1