Gibson Brands Forums

VACCINE! - Get Your's Yet?

9 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I read that .008 people who have had the shots have caught COVID. Most that caught it got a mild case and didn't need to be hospitalized.

8 tenths of a percent is pretty good odds. That means you have a 99.2% chance of NOT catching it.

No vaccine is 100%, but this comes closer than the majority.

So if you get vaccinated, you are definitely not likely to get it again.

No vaccine is 100% safe either. But so far the problems have been minimal, the tiniest fraction of a percent.

Of course, we all do what we think is best for us. Some of us believe the scientists, others believe preachers, pundits, politicians and posters on social media.

Time will tell who got it right.

I got the vaccine. With my card, I can travel to places the non-vaccinated people cannot. For someone who has been on 6 of the 7 continents, that's a bonus.

Insights and incites by Notes

You're right.... it's an individual's choice.   Not sure how the 'science' works to restrict non-vaccinated people from traveling, if the people they're trying to protect are vaccinated.   Maybe we can do the same thing for smokers and obese people.... restrict them from daily life!    If that works....we can include the old and infirmed !    And let's not forget about the mentally "inferior" people.....don't want THEM mixing with the 'vaccinated crowd"!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be

The funny thing to me is that in our lives we (or at least the vast majority of us) have already been pumped full of vaccines, and we have also pumped our kids full of them for countless decades witho

I don’t know why anyone would want to consider any of these garbage bag media sources that are interested in making money and ratings as a legitimate source of information. They know the base they hav

There are places you can travel if vacx'd  but not if you're not?

Must be either a demand by the place your going to try to cut down on likelihood of having to have you in their hospital or else a general 'incentive' for more to get vax'd? 

We don't have that in Oz to my knowledge - we are just encouraged strongly (and to some places mandated I think) not to go overseas, which feels ok as an idea given no-one knows how long vax is effective. 

My workplace finally dropped the mask mandate yesterday. 

You can work and walk around the hangars and offices without a mask if you're two weeks past 'fully inoculated'. 

But nobody is allowed to ask you if you have been inoculated, so it's kind of academic at this point. 

Funny. 
Life goes on. 
😑

13 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

You're right.... it's an individual's choice.   Not sure how the 'science' works to restrict non-vaccinated people from traveling, if the people they're trying to protect are vaccinated.   Maybe we can do the same thing for smokers and obese people.... restrict them from daily life!    If that works....we can include the old and infirmed !    And let's not forget about the mentally "inferior" people.....don't want THEM mixing with the 'vaccinated crowd"!

Notes, I did NOT mean to attack you, personally....I'm just concerned that we're headed for a society none of us want to live in.

There are places overseas and cruises you cannot go to without proof of vaccination. Some people don't care if they go there or not. Nobody is forcing you.

I just read this reason to get vaccinated....

Researchers Link Erectile Dysfunction to Penile Damage from Covid-19

It seems ED could be in the non vaccinated person's future, possibly for the rest of his life.

https://coronavirus.medium.com/researchers-link-erectile-dysfunction-to-penile-damage-from-covid-19-443d7e0c4e8

----------

I remember when we were all forced to get polio vaccines. We lined up in school for the vaccines. As far as I know, nobody was excused.

I don't mind living in that kind of country because that stopped children (including myself) from possibly going into those iron lung machines and living the rest of their lives impaired.

To me (not everyone) there is a mid-point between total freedom and a nanny state that is just right. I'm sure others who agree with that concept have a different idea as to where that mid-point should be.

Insights and incites by Notes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 5/19/2021 at 6:43 AM, sparquelito said:

My workplace finally dropped the mask mandate yesterday. 

You can work and walk around the hangars and offices without a mask if you're two weeks past 'fully inoculated'. 

But nobody is allowed to ask you if you have been inoculated, so it's kind of academic at this point. 

Funny. 
Life goes on. 
😑

If you mask shame someone its 5 - 10 in San Quentin.

I got my first shot today. I can feel the chimp venom coursing through my veins.

• Like 1
On 5/18/2021 at 8:09 PM, DanvillRob said:

Maybe we can do the same thing for smokers and obese people.... restrict them from daily life!    If that works....we can include the old and infirmed !

I don't want to start a debate here but ....

The line is crossed when your activity hurts other people.  

Smokers:  Not allowed to smoke indoors or in non-designated areas if public places.  They have already been restricted. 

The other 2 examples I assume are hyperbole. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Smokers:  Not allowed to smoke indoors or in non-designated areas if public places.  They have already been restricted. 

What about weed smokers?

14 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

The evil goons are trying to drag a portion of the workforce back into the Pit Of Misery.

Hell no, I won't go!

I want to work form home again. I have no guitars at work.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

They were all hyperbole.... I didn't mean restrict smokers from smoking in public...I mean restrict people from interacting in public, or traveling IF they're smokers, (i.e. have unhealthy lifestyles... like obese people,    i.e. have unhealthy lifestyles).    "My body, my choice" is in reference to pro-abortionists who make that claim..... but I suspect there is a much greater chance they'll be hurting others than someone who is not vaccinated.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I respectfully disagree

An obese person's breath can't infect a trim person and make that trim person obese.

If you have COVID your breath can potentially kill or maim other people for the rest of their lives.

We all breathe the communal air. If we are in a room together, we will breathe air that has been in each other's lungs.

IMO you have every right to harm yourself, but no right to harm others.

That's what being in a civilized society is all about.

Notes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

I respectfully disagree

An obese person's breath can't infect a trim person and make that trim person obese.

If you have COVID your breath can potentially kill or maim other people for the rest of their lives.

We all breathe the communal air. If we are in a room together, we will breathe air that has been in each other's lungs.

IMO you have every right to harm yourself, but no right to harm others.

That's what being in a civilized society is all about.

Notes

Hmmm?  If a person is known to have the Covid virus & knows it, And say; Walks into an elderly nursing home and infects a bunch of elderly folks with it.  Is that considered an Terroristic threat? 

recent studies suggest  peoples exposure to 24d in the 50s and 60s  plays a role in the current obese trend in the following generations , other factors as well but .....

13 hours ago, Retired said:

Hmmm?  If a person is known to have the Covid virus & knows it, And say; Walks into an elderly nursing home and infects a bunch of elderly folks with it.  Is that considered an Terroristic threat? 

I don't know what the legal system in the US or any other country says, but if that person knows he/she has COVID I call that a crime.

(I do know that people who have intentionally coughed on others and even on a salad bar have been arrested. But that's more aggressive.)

This is not what is done in a civilized society, it's what is done in a barbarian world.

In a civilized society we all watch out for ourselves AND the greater good of the entire society.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

In a civilized society we all watch out for ourselves AND the greater good of the entire society.

Surely you jest.

Here in the land of rugged individualism we are far too busy indulging our malignant narcissism to allow the welfare of others to affect our manifest destiny.

Gulp.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Stop breathing on me, you're making me fat!

Your fat cause you took a few pulls off of the Tower Of Power and ate a 3/4 of a sleeve of raw chocolate chip cookie dough.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 3
34 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

...This is not what is done in a civilized society, it's what is done in a barbarian world.

Well said.  Civilization can not exist for long without civility.

Edited by Mr. Natural
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Mr. Natural said:

Well said.  Civilization can not exist for long without civility.

Tell that to the idiots protesting by wrecking and burning everything. They should make a tear gas that makes them sh1t their pants,they’d go home then.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Tell that to the idiots protesting by wrecking and burning everything. They should make a tear gas that makes them sh1t their pants,they’d go home then.

haha!  that would make for some excellent news real footage!!!

• Like 1