Gibson Brands Forums

VACCINE! - Get Your's Yet?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be

The funny thing to me is that in our lives we (or at least the vast majority of us) have already been pumped full of vaccines, and we have also pumped our kids full of them for countless decades witho

I don’t know why anyone would want to consider any of these garbage bag media sources that are interested in making money and ratings as a legitimate source of information. They know the base they hav

On 3/5/2021 at 4:14 PM, Mr. Natural said:

First, I want to apologize for dragging this topic up from page 4, but, yes I've been vaccinated.  I got the first dose (only a little shoulder soreness) on New Year's Eve and the second shot (a little more shoulder soreness) twenty eight days later.  I know a lot of people have different feelings about the Covid vaccine and about vaccines in general, but I think it's the right thing to do.

On 4/11/2021 at 10:48 AM, Mr. Natural said:

Now, after reading the last six pages, I want to REALLY apologize, AGAIN, for dragging this topic up from page 4.  I'm sorry.

Now, after reading the last EIGHTEEN pages ... JEBUS, am I ever sorry for dragging this topic up from page 4!

On 5/20/2021 at 12:22 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

If you mask shame someone its 5 - 10 in San Quentin.

I got my first shot today. I can feel the chimp venom coursing through my veins.

You’ll crave bananas and hang in trees 

13 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I don't know what the legal system in the US or any other country says, but if that person knows he/she has COVID I call that a crime.

(I do know that people who have intentionally coughed on others and even on a salad bar have been arrested. But that's more aggressive.)

This is not what is done in a civilized society, it's what is done in a barbarian world.

In a civilized society we all watch out for ourselves AND the greater good of the entire society.

Insights and incites by Notes

My nephew in Iowa and his daughter both had COVID  and knew it.  They were both tested positive but refused to wear a mask because of their so called rights. They still went to my moms house to have my youngest sister who is a beautician do Annabelle's hair for her graduation last year.  Both of them were coughing constantly while there and refused to leave till his daughter was done.  My mom was there and 90 at the time. When they both left, They wiped down the whole house using Clorox and air spray. Amy thought she came down with COVID afterwards and went in to be tested. That just shows how inconsiderable and thoughtless people can be. By the way, Johnny was the worst and went to the hospital afterwards from doing that and spent a couple weeks in intensive care. They thought he was going to die so I told Deb, we should at least pray for him.  He got better and left the hospital later on.  They both still refused to wear masks when they both got better. 

1 hour ago, badbluesplayer said:

Who thinks these things up, lol!  Stoners in couchlock?  Hey, wait, that's a good band name.

I grew up with some of the TOP guys....Mimi (leader & sax) Rocco (RIP), Jack (drummer) & Jody (guitar).... I still keep keep in touch with them....well...not Rocco.   Actually the Photo of me here is from a concert I did with them.

1 hour ago, badbluesplayer said:

Who thinks these things up, lol!  Stoners in couchlock?  Hey, wait, that's a good band name.

I got captured in the Zappa movie Baby Snakes handing Frank a US Bong.

He referred to it as "The Tower of Power" before going "Oh, no, it's a dope fiend device, take it away!"

22 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

Steve Ford made it famous on Baby Snakes. 

2nd dose of Moderna for me was Friday.  

I was tired and achy Friday night and all of Saturday.  

Sunday felt much better.  Thought it was done. 

Monday evening I started feeling sick.  Feels like a head cold.  That's where things stand right now.   Might have a slight temperature (no thermometer to check it).  

The day after the first dose on Friday of the Pfizer one I felt a little achy, soar arm, and had a light headache. Round two on the 10th of June.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
34 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

...soar arm...

My arm stayed attached to my shoulder.

"One and done" Janssen shot about 2 months ago, administered by a firefighter who thought I might be Roger Waters. No ill effects whatsoever

• Haha 1

Both shots were no big deal to me - Pfizer. I got mine in March. I was ready for the shot the second I heard that a vaccine was developed. I told myself the only thing getting me out of this GD house was zero cases or a vaccine. I wasn’t counting on getting the case count low FYI… My shots were given to me by a FEMA mass vaccination center at Ford Field administered by the Air Force. Was real easy and quick very surprisingly both times. The second shot was easier. 

I was on the fence about it for a while, I think the vaccines were rushed to market without full testing.  Now that I'm getting older (will be 64 in a couple weeks) I got the Pfizer shots as a precaution.  No side effects for me other than a slightly sore arm the next day both times.  Not as bad as I had expected; my arm hurt for a week both times after getting the 2 dose shingles shots a couple years ago.

Of course nobody knows if there will be any long term effects from this yet, so if the vaccine causes my arm to fall off in a couple years I got shot on the non-dominant side just to be safe.

Edited by Bronx
  • Haha 1

Although they were rushed to market, the mRNA technology has been around for quite some time. The speed in which they adapted that to COVID was due to the huge amount of money thrown at it.

Of course nothing is 100% anything, but I think the odds of something bad happening to you if you are not vaccinated are greater than the odds of something bad happening to you if you are vaccinated.

• Like 1

A vaccine would have been nice when I got the Asian Flu during the '57-'58 pandemic or when I felt suicidal during a bout with SARS in the early 2000s (thanks, Virgin Airlines).

Anti-vaxxers take note.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Trust me, they won’t. Can’t fix stupid

Yes, and unfortunately, we seem to have a lot of that lately ... "stupid", I mean.  I get my second Pfizer shot in three days, and I pretty happy about it, honestly.  

• Like 1
22 hours ago, SteveFord said:

You hear a lot about possible long term effects.

<...snip...>

My brother-in-law's son has long term effects from getting COVID-19.

He lost his sense of taste and smell over a year ago, and it hasn't come back. COVID caused brain damage in the region where taste and smell reside, and killed zillions of brain cells.

He has been trying to train a different part of his brain to register smell and taste, but he hasn't had any luck. By now they say he probably will never regain it.

His wife and two children (including a 9-month-old infant) got it and my sister-in-law almost died. She was in isolation for days, fighting for every breath, and not able to see another human as the docs were practically in hazmat suits, and she couldn't even tell her loved ones "Good -bye". But by some miracle she pulled through. She has multiple organs with permanent damage now.

My brother-in-law never got it. Go-figure. It's a weird virus.

They were all anti-mask, anti-vax people. My brother-in-law said he is going to paint a big red "S" on his chest, for "Stupid".

So far the odds of long-term effects from catching COVID look much more probable than the odds for getting long-term effects from the vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wore a mask to protect everyone around me when I went out for over a year. I like the argument that the mask doesn’t protect you… lol yeah but I protect you from ME. It’s been all about ME for the anti mask/vax people. Such a simple thing that shouldn’t be politicized to protect your neighbors. We wore masks to stop our **** coming out of our mouths in enclosed areas of congregation from getting to other people. How reprehensible… Just sick if you ask me to think about only yourself that you might cripple a family or 5 because you want to be a self-serving pri**. Yeah I’m mad… I spent every day in this nightmare like many others worrying about this and the well-being of my family and yours. What a weight to carry. So don’t like my words, then tough ****. I’m tough when it comes to protecting my own. I’d die for that s***. But enough of the idiocy. Get a shot don’t be that guy. 

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I got mine. In a country where one in maybe 500 ppl wears a mask (because they're idiots and assholes), I'll chance any ****ing side-effect for any semblance of protection. 

Sweden doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation abroad anymore, and take it from me - it's so, so well deserved. Sad but true.