Gibson Brands Forums

VACCINE! - Get Your's Yet?

Mrs. Notes and I are fully vaccinated, but still no gigs until the winter 2021/2022 season. We targeted the +55 year audience when we started this duo decades ago, and they are still shy about gathering. I can't blame them for that.

They have supported us for all these years, and I have no doubts that they will continue to do so when the dust settles.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

• Like 1
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be

IMO The politicians, pundits, propagandists, and posters on social media are the ones to be suspected of not knowing what they are talking about. Fauci, The scientists at the CDC, and the WHO's s

You do it to yourself a bit here by adding comments like... Im giving my shot to anyone who wants it.. Of course its up to you to do what you want..  But you dont have to keep commenting on a thr

16 hours ago, kidblast said:

the wifey and I get our first dose today.  The second, already scheduled for around mid april

Good for you both Ray. I was told that you can still get the virus but that if you did, it would just be very mild symptoms  of it and you would not die.  That alone is worth a free shot! 

7 hours ago, Retired said:

Good for you both Ray. I was told that you can still get the virus but that if you did, it would just be very mild symptoms  of it and you would not die.  That alone is worth a free shot! 

I am not sure about this.   There was a session with Fauci and Rand Paul,  Paul grilled the guy about this, and as usual he had no solid answers, just what he "thought"...  So regardless of how people view Fauci, there doesn't seem to be any science or facts to support this claim.

so if you listened to  "Dr. Fauci"  he said "we want this in as many arms as possible so we can lift mask mandates and other guidelines"

now that over 3 million people in the US are immunized, he's once again, changing the story? 

Do we see what is going on here yet?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
19 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

<...snip...>

As the man said, you’re gonna die from something anyway.

So true, but I'm having such a good time here, I'm not ready to go anytime in the near future. I'm only middle-aged. ;)

Plus, IMHO the right thing to do in a civilized country is to strive for the greater good of the society as a whole. Getting the vaccinations out quickly and completely could save hundreds of thousands of adult lives.  The six-week denial delay cost over 300,000 adult lives.

BTW, the COVID-19 vaccines do not contain fetal cells. If they did, it wouldn't bother me. Most fetal cells are lab grown anyway, didn't directly come from a baby, and are thousands of generations removed from fetal tissue.

https://www.icsi.org/covid-19-vaccine-faq/are-the-mrna-vaccines-made-with-fetal-cells/

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-asked-we-answered-do-the-covid-19-vaccines-contain-aborted-fetal-cells

So my personal choice was to protect myself, protect Mrs. Notes, and to do the right thing for the grater good of our society as a whole YMMV

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

So true, but I'm having such a good time here, I'm not ready to go anytime in the near future. I'm only middle-aged. 😉

Plus, IMHO the right thing to do in a civilized country is to strive for the greater good of the society as a whole. Getting the vaccinations out quickly and completely could save hundreds of thousands of adult lives.  The six-week denial delay cost over 300,000 adult lives.

BTW, the COVID-19 vaccines do not contain fetal cells. If they did, it wouldn't bother me. Most fetal cells are lab grown anyway, didn't directly come from a baby, and are thousands of generations removed from fetal tissue.

https://www.icsi.org/covid-19-vaccine-faq/are-the-mrna-vaccines-made-with-fetal-cells/

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-asked-we-answered-do-the-covid-19-vaccines-contain-aborted-fetal-cells

So my personal choice was to protect myself, protect Mrs. Notes, and to do the right thing for the grater good of our society as a whole YMMV

I’m kidding about the baby parts,the bishop was talking against the J&J vaccine because of that, I’m like really? Um, OK whatever you say I guess.

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, kidblast said:

I am not sure about this.   There was a session with Fauci and Rand Paul,  Paul grilled the guy about this, and as usual he had no solid answers, just what he "thought"...  So regardless of how people view Fauci, there doesn't seem to be any science or facts to support this claim.

so if you listened to  "Dr. Fauci"  he said "we want this in as many arms as possible so we can lift mask mandates and other guidelines"

now that over 3 million people in the US are immunized, he's once again, changing the story? 

Do we see what is going on here yet?

Dude.  God and your teachers gave you everything you need to figure out the complexities of deadly airborne viruses.  The rest is on you.  What on earth do you mean "He had no solid answers?"  No offense, but I'm a professional person who dedicated my life to it.  You just sound like a moron.  And Rand Paul is a walking psych caseload who got beat up by his neighbor for being a jackaxx.  What's the matter with you people?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I can certainly see why his neighbor beat him up.  

First he gets COVID-19 and doesn't warn his coworkers because he wants to use the pool, then he throws a fit because they ask him to wear a face mask indoors like the rest of them.

Yeah, a good rap to the head might feel pretty good.

• Sad 1
43 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

Dude.  God and your teachers gave you everything you need to figure out the complexities of deadly airborne viruses.  The rest is on you.  What on earth do you mean "He had no solid answers?"  No offense, but I'm a professional person who dedicated my life to it.  You just sound like a moron.  And Rand Paul is a walking psych caseload who got beat up by his neighbor for being a jackaxx.  What's the matter with you people?

Did you watch it?   and thanks for the insult..  good thing I don't GAF what you think..

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don't listen to that stuff.  They just said the shot can help to not get the virus, The shot is free, We get the flu shot every year, Every 5 years I get a pneumonia shot, Never died from a shot and I've been a pin cusion with cancer in my life, So solution for us; Get The Shot. I could have gotten it way last year. I got an EMail and they asked me if I would come in and be a Guinea Pig  and try the shots out way before they were ever released. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, kidblast said:

Did you watch it?   and thanks for the insult..  good thing I don't GAF what you think..

Yeah, I watched it.  Rand could outsmart a dirt pile. The guy probably checks Einstein's math on weekends, lol.  

• Haha 1

I do not plan on getting the vaccine.

I had COVID last December.

I got Shingles in 2019....and I'd rather have COVID 10 times as to have Shingles ever again!

It's a wicked bad illness for some people, I understand that....but I may or may not have the antibodies now for the long-term....but it's my choice to not get the vaccine.

Got my 2nd shot this morning which was a relief.

So far that second head sprouting out of your neck thing hasn't happened yet.  

If it snores I'll be forced to smother it with a pillow.

15 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Got my 2nd shot this morning which was a relief.

So far that second head sprouting out of your neck thing hasn't happened yet.  

If it snores I'll be forced to smother it with a pillow.

kSjMnYT.jpg

I used to wet my pants when they did these skits on SLN, when it was still just kind of funny. Now its just really beyond sad. And the I guess some people would call them musical guests . . . WTF?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
19 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

kSjMnYT.jpg

I used to wet my pants when they did these skits on SLN, when it was still just kind of funny. Now its just really beyond sad. And the I guess some people would call them musical guests . . . WTF?

SNL is produced by the same Canadian who produces The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.    Both circling the drain. 

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

"I'm a professional person who dedicated my life to it."     "You just sound like a moron." 

Aaaah.  How quickly  the conversation turns into a pixxing contest. 

no big deal.

he's entitled to his opinion,  he is not entitled to mine.

That I'm a "moron" for not thinking like he does, tells me everything I need to know about the dude...

It's all good,, I don't do rock fights sitting behind my keyboard..  I honestly don't give two flying phhuks...

• Like 1

Besides, if BadBluesPlayer and KidBlast go at it, first thing that will happen is both will lose their balance in the first clinch,  which will be within 15 seconds of the opening bell, both will go down, and the rest of us will hear them 60+ year old hips snapping, FIGHT. OVER.

rct

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, rct said:

Besides, if BadBluesPlayer and KidBlast go at it, first thing that will happen is both will lose their balance in the first clinch,  which will be within 15 seconds of the opening bell, both will go down, and the rest of us will hear them 60+ year old hips snapping, FIGHT. OVER.

rct

Let alone the various amounts of smelly wind that will slip out of each end during this encounter..  Leaves everyone with a bad taste in their mouths.

7 minutes ago, rct said:

rct

Lol.  Yea.. that's pretty much how it'd end.. 

Ron, you really are a genius..  

I don't hold on to ****,   BBPs opine is fine with me,   he's earned it 

• Like 1

The nice thing about aging is after a very short while you don't even remember what the argument was about and when someone reminds you about it the whole thing doesn't seem to matter any.

Injection site is a little sore and I seem dopier than usual but who can say.