Gibson Brands Forums

VACCINE! - Get Your's Yet?

4 hours ago, kidblast said:

Fauci has been wrong about more things than he's been right.

and where is he on the whole situation down on the southern boarder?  no "super spreader there doc?"

right... what ever.

I'm not looking for an argument but we are being led and have been led by fools. 

They all suck..   sorry it's how I feel.  I don't care if you don't agree.  I really don't.

My thing here was I posted something because I did get my first shot of the 2 shot vaccine. Next thing was hearing complaints how we ONLY get 6 months immunity from these shots, then we start going down the rabbit hole where we are blaming ‘the scientists’.

Faucci who... I never was one to mention Faucci ever here... And since we are once again SURPRISE! getting into political guys like Faucci and the CDC guidelines and illegals... next thing we are talking about parties and then who knows what other stupid f’n s*** comes up next...

I’m done here with this. I got my f’n shot and that’s my story. People want to make this a thread to dog on scientists and vaccines are bad, go ahead. I made my statements and that’s that. I know it’s not going to jive with everyone here but that’s anywhere on the internet. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be

IMO The politicians, pundits, propagandists, and posters on social media are the ones to be suspected of not knowing what they are talking about. Fauci, The scientists at the CDC, and the WHO's s

You do it to yourself a bit here by adding comments like... Im giving my shot to anyone who wants it.. Of course its up to you to do what you want..  But you dont have to keep commenting on a thr

5 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

My thing here was I posted something because I did get my first shot of the 2 shot vaccine. Next thing was hearing complaints how we ONLY get 6 months immunity from these shots, then we start going down the rabbit hole where we are blaming ‘the scientists’.

Faucci who... I never was one to mention Faucci ever here... And since we are once again SURPRISE! getting into political guys like Faucci and the CDC guidelines and illegals... next thing we are talking about parties and then who knows what other stupid f’n s*** comes up next...

I’m done here with this. I got my f’n shot and that’s my story. People want to make this a thread to dog on scientists and vaccines are bad, go ahead. I made my statements and that’s that. I know it’s not going to jive with everyone here but that’s anywhere on the internet. 

no chris, not making this political,  just stating what are some glaring "questionable" incidents around this and why the "silence" over what is obviously a huge risk into "controlling the spread"  which was 2 weeks,  over a year ago.

I had a discussion with a funeral director who also happens to be a school pal.  what he had to tell me was pretty shocking and just adds to the fog that's shrouding around this whole topic.

Our lives have been put on hold, far too long now, and we're still not getting any good answers, just a lot of "Weather" men.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, kidblast said:

no chris, not making this political,  just stating what are some glaring "questionable" incidents around this and why the "silence" over what is obviously a huge risk into "controlling the spread"  which was 2 weeks,  over a year ago.

I had a discussion with a funeral director who also happens to be a school pal.  what he had to tell me was pretty shocking and just adds to the fog that's shrouding around this whole topic.

Our lives have been put on hold, far too long now, and we're still not getting any good answers, just a lot of "Weather" men.

And with that I can agree. We have been fed a lot of BS on a regular ever since this mess started. It was hard to find out what this virus is, how does it spread, etc. There’s never been any real sense of clear direction what to do at any point in time. 

My thing is I have 2 very young kids and my wife and I work from home all day every day since 3/2020 and we have to do what we have to to keep our most precious cargo safe. If god forbid they get this mess and we can’t take care of them, have to wonder why was this in store for our future... People say kids do fine with this virus, but I don’t trust those cavalier approaches. Kids get this s*** too. We’ve been all together isolated essentially for over a year and now I’m expected to just let go and put the kid in school and the other in daycare! WTF was the point all this time then I wonder... So at least now my wife and I can get the vax so if the kids end up deathly sick from getting COVID inevitably, we can take care of them and not expect to be on a tube. So again I’ll take whatever I have to to make sure my kiddos make it and have a good life. Literally all I care about at this point. I don’t GAF about my senseless life and crap... Just want my kiddos to get the best life they can. That’s why I was triggered when someone complained about only 6 months. This is the best chance we got to getting this nightmare over with. Not saying to go out and get yours or tell people how to live, just saying that I’m happy I got mine and I’ll take what I can get about now. 

Edited by NighthawkChris

Chris,  I'm sorry that my post upset you:   "Tonight on 'the news'  some expert somewhere is saying   'We don't know how long the vaccine will provide immunity.  Six months is all we can be sure of at this point.'     The beat goes on.  "

What I was trying to communicate was the craven lying and mis-information that is still being pushed on us by the media and the  faux-scientists they are able to dig up:       Six feet, 13 feet, 3 feet;   No masks  - Mask mandates;   Shelter In Place  -   Year Long Lockdowns;    Disinfect groceries -  never mind, it's airborne;    Use anti-bacterial soap to kill the virus;  Virus can't be carried if your vaccinated -   We don't know for sure, wear a mask to be safe.          I do not believe ANYTHING  I hear anymore from these lunatics.  They only seem intent on confusing and scaring us.   

• Sad 1

One of my sisters got her shot (J&J). She chose that one because she hates shots and apparently it's only one shot. She said she was sluggish the next day. My wife got her first shot yesterday. She said her arm hurts really bad, like it often does with any shot. I don't hear her making any other statements about it, but I also have heard that reactions don't always present themselves until after the second shot.

As for me, I'm neither pro nor anti vax. I believe that with any treatment there is a risk and there is seldom a perfect solution.  I started school in 1965 and got every shot going around at that time. The only real sickness I had was Chicken Pox at around 2 years of age in 1962, 33 years before the vaccine was introduced to the US....

Which brings me to this: I got my first Shingles vaccine in February. I am due to get my second one this month. It's my understanding that there needs to be a time buffer between the Shingles vaccine and the Covid. I will err on the side of caution and get my Covid shot starting next month or so.

To be honest, I'm more worried about getting Shingles than Covid. Not trying to compare them, I'm just speaking to the high likelihood I have of getting shingles (age 60 with a history of Chicken Pox).

I started reading Deadliest Enemy by Michael Osterholm - if you watch Meet The Press you've probably seen him.

The latest version has an introductory chapter on COVID-19 and here's the Cliff's Notes version of the first chapter:

So, is this the big one?  Nope but maybe the lessons learned with this one will help us for what's next.

• Like 1

Sure, the scientist have changed their recommendations as they learned more and more about the new virus. To me that's a good thing.

Science didn't stop with biplanes with cloth wings, first rockets with astronauts in a tin can capsule, cars with manual cranks, or telephones on wires.

We no longer treat the plague by putting bird beaks over our noses filled with flower petals. We learned how to fight that one. We no longer put children in Iron Lungs for Polio, the vaccines all but eliminated that disease, along with diphtheria, rabies, and many others. But they had false starts before they figured out the best treatments or preventions.

The beauty of science is they learn from their successes and their failures. Wrong educated guesses teach as much as right ones.

When it comes to infectious diseases, I'd rather take my advice from an expert in the field than I would a politician, pundit, propagandist, or poster on anti-social media.

And remember, the politicians who told you all not to get vaccinated, were the first ones to get the vaccine. (Even Trump got jabbed after his near-death experience.) I think they are playing you for fools. But that's just my opinion.

I just can't understand why someone wouldn't want to get protected from a potentially lethal disease.  And as many people that I've asked, nobody has given me a good answer (and a politician who later got his/her shot (or not) says so is not a good answer).

Insights and incites by Notes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

And with that I can agree. We have been fed a lot of BS on a regular ever since this mess started. It was hard to find out what this virus is, how does it spread, etc. There’s never been any real sense of clear direction what to do at any point in time. 

My thing is I have 2 very young kids and my wife and I work from home all day every day since 3/2020 and we have to do what we have to to keep our most precious cargo safe. If god forbid they get this mess and we can’t take care of them, have to wonder why was this in store for our future... People say kids do fine with this virus, but I don’t trust those cavalier approaches. Kids get this s*** too. We’ve been all together isolated essentially for over a year and now I’m expected to just let go and put the kid in school and the other in daycare! WTF was the point all this time then I wonder... So at least now my wife and I can get the vax so if the kids end up deathly sick from getting COVID inevitably, we can take care of them and not expect to be on a tube. So again I’ll take whatever I have to to make sure my kiddos make it and have a good life. Literally all I care about at this point. I don’t GAF about my senseless life and crap... Just want my kiddos to get the best life they can. That’s why I was triggered when someone complained about only 6 months. This is the best chance we got to getting this nightmare over with. Not saying to go out and get yours or tell people how to live, just saying that I’m happy I got mine and I’ll take what I can get about now. 

I hear ya Chris, my kids are adults oldest grand kid is gonna be 21, youngest will be five.  None of them have yet to have any issues

I did have a grand niece that tested + recently, she had the sniffles and a light grade fever for a few days.  It was more of a hassle with the Quarantine than it was for her health wise

• Thanks 1

@kidblast good to hear your grand niece did alright with this virus. I’m just hoping mine do alright with everything because it seems inevitable that we are all going to come into contact with this virus at some point in the near future. My wife and I have a vaccine now at least, so hoping that the kiddos can be cleared for a shot before the school year - not holding my breath on this one. And yeah that quarantine business is a mess with schools... I’m not looking forward to putting my oldest into his first year of school. I feel sort of like I’m failing to keep him as safe as I possibly can sending him there. And my youngest (going to daycare eventually) will get it if the older one does probably, so yeah I have gripes with the way things are being handled over here. It’s always been a mess - a big one. It seems like we are supposed to put our kids in schools because “no big deal” and we gotta keep the economy rolling - I.e. go do your job. I’ve always said during this pandemic that the kids are the biggest losers...

Trust me there’s a lot of skepticism inside me about the crap we’ve been fed. I haven’t been convinced of anything new - always believed in vaccines, stay away from people to stop spread or contracting disease, viruses can be deadly/damaging, etc. But what I’ve seen and heard the past year makes my head spin - and at times makes my blood boil. I’m just a regular man here trying to keep his family safe and secure. Who’s looking out for us I wonder... I’m just tired of all this BS. 

5 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I’ve always said during this pandemic that the kids are the biggest losers...

this is absolutely the dead nuts truth.  hang in there.  I have faith that we'll put this in the rearview in a few months,  hope I'm right.

• Thanks 1

Depending on your time zone, you still might be able to catch Meet The Press.  If not,  you can see the segment on COVID-19 online later on today.

You'll see what they're so worried about and why the CDC director recently gave a speech about her feeling of impending doom.  

21 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Depending on your time zone, you still might be able to catch Meet The Press.  If not,  you can see the segment on COVID-19 online later on today.

You'll see what they're so worried about and why the CDC director recently gave a speech about her feeling of impending doom.  

C'mon man!    A week or so ago, Rochelle   (our brand, spanking new CDC Director) said  'Those who are vaccinated don't carry the virus."   A few days later  she says ' We're facing impending doom'.  !!??!      Every time an 'expert' comes out with something positive - someone yanks their chain and they retract it or deflect it with some fear mongering, dog whistle BS.   Like Fauci a year ago - said 'No Masks' .  11 days later he said we needed to wear them. Now he says 'Two are better than one.'      CDC said   Six Feet Social Distancing.  A few months later they said 13 feet would be better.   Maybe we should all wear 3 masks and stay 26 feet away from each other.   

And when the positive news can't be retracted -  it is simply scrubbed off the internet.   Early on, there were half a dozen studies by university affiliated researchers who found that a large percentage of the population was carrying the virus or anti-bodies, but never knew they had been infected.  No symptoms. 

If I want to get the crapola scared out of me, I'll watch  'The Blair Witch Hunt'.   Or  "This Is Us".    You  should read Dr. Wolensky's  Wikipedia biography.  She has no background in Disease Control, pandemics, or communicable diseases as far as I can tell. BUT, she was invited to put her name on a paper written several months ago about CV19 vaccines.   Co-incidence?   I think not.  

• Sad 1

No mask, one mask, two masks: I'd say that is a sign of the experts learning more about how to control this plague. Science learns as it progresses. It makes mistakes along the way and it learns from both it's successes and failures.

Having Fauci, CDC, WHO and others change their advice is not a bad thing, it's a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

No mask, one mask, two masks: I'd say that is a sign of the experts learning more about how to control this plague. Science learns as it progresses. It makes mistakes along the way and it learns from both it's successes and failures.

Having Fauci, CDC, WHO and others change their advice is not a bad thing, it's a good thing.

Completely agree.   In the UK the government have changed their advice (and so their direction) several times according to the science which has been the best way IMO.   They may have been slow off the mark but they are on the case now.

I'm no supporter but given this was all unexpected, I'm not sure anyone else would have done any better.   In many countries they are doing a lot worse.

And I'm expecting to get a call for my 2nd shot this month.

Edited by jdgm
17 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I have a different point of view.

When they are controlling a society based on advice of people who don't know what they are talking about, 

I don't see that as a good thing..  not at all.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

C'mon man!    A week or so ago, Rochelle   (our brand, spanking new CDC Director) said  'Those who are vaccinated don't carry the virus."   A few days later  she says ' We're facing impending doom'.  !!??!      Every time an 'expert' comes out with something positive - someone yanks their chain and they retract it or deflect it with some fear mongering, dog whistle BS.   Like Fauci a year ago - said 'No Masks' .  11 days later he said we needed to wear them. Now he says 'Two are better than one.'      CDC said   Six Feet Social Distancing.  A few months later they said 13 feet would be better.   Maybe we should all wear 3 masks and stay 26 feet away from each other.   

And when the positive news can't be retracted -  it is simply scrubbed off the internet.   Early on, there were half a dozen studies by university affiliated researchers who found that a large percentage of the population was carrying the virus or anti-bodies, but never knew they had been infected.  No symptoms. 

If I want to get the crapola scared out of me, I'll watch  'The Blair Witch Hunt'.   Or  "This Is Us".    You  should read Dr. Wolensky's  Wikipedia biography.  She has no background in Disease Control, pandemics, or communicable diseases as far as I can tell. BUT, she was invited to put her name on a paper written several months ago about CV19 vaccines.   Co-incidence?   I think not.  

Didn't you study Pavlov's dog at Ace Business school?  That's you guys.  Bell rings and you guys start reciting all the stuff they told you on TV.  You forgot the stuff they taught you at business school.  Now you're all flustered by basic health practices.  Bell rings again and you're pulling some other complaint out of the ticket tumbler.

Dude - Don't be so afraid of people who are smarter than you.  They make it easier for people like you who get frustrated by complicated stuff.  Doctors go to college three times so you don't have to.  The key is to develop the self confidence you need so you can learn from them without being intimidated and lashing out at them.

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

BBP,  Thanks for the advice.      

well..  there he goes again,  don't agree with the guy and there is something wrong with you... 

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

well..  there he goes again,  don't agree with the guy and there is something wrong with you... 

Then yer are all "He's picking on me.  I'm telling my Mommy!"  The whole time you're kicking the Fauch in the shins.

Hey, where are you in central MA?  I went to WPI.  I knew kids from all over MA.

13 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

Then yer are all "He's picking on me.  I'm telling my Mommy!"  The whole time you're kicking the Fauch in the shins.

Hey, where are you in central MA?  I went to WPI.  I knew kids from all over MA.

LOL!   well y aknow,, we were kicking him in the knees, but he's been wearing knee pads lately. so we're trying the shins to see if that helps.

Yes, I am in Central mass,  a little place known Leominster.  (lemon-stir) Rt2 goes right thru just about the middle of it. 

WPI is good school, have a few friends who's kids are there right now.  (well, should be there I should say)...

Edited by kidblast