Gibson Brands Forums

VACCINE! - Get Your's Yet?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be

Wow, a year later and you people are none the wiser.  There are maybe a few people here that have some sense but the rest of you are morons.  You've been lied to by the rabid media (wing of the democr

IMO The politicians, pundits, propagandists, and posters on social media are the ones to be suspected of not knowing what they are talking about. Fauci, The scientists at the CDC, and the WHO's s

11 hours ago, kidblast said:

I have a different point of view.

When they are controlling a society based on advice of people who don't know what they are talking about, 

I don't see that as a good thing..  not at all.

IMO The politicians, pundits, propagandists, and posters on social media are the ones to be suspected of not knowing what they are talking about.

Fauci, The scientists at the CDC, and the WHO's scientists know more about this than the rest of the world does. And they won't tell you to inject Clorox in you veins to cure yourself.

If anyone thinks a politician knows more about infectious disease than Fouci, then they should go to a politician or pundit the next time they get sick.

When hundreds of experts agree, and zero experts are disagreeing I tend to think they know what they are talking about better than anyone else on the planet.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

It is well worth listening to Dr. Fauci and the totally unfettered Michael Osterholm.

There's the difference right there: Dr. Osterholm didn't have the boss breathing down his neck.  

These guys spent their entire lives doing this, they ARE the experts.

I is a dweeb but I do have two shots in my arms and avoid diseased humans, anyway.

So far, so good.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:And they won't tell you to inject Clorox in you veins to cure yourself.

I didn’t vote for Trump.  But he never said that.  So why do you think you need to lie to prove your point?

It just shows how truly bias you are. 
Really does   

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

IMO The politicians, pundits, propagandists, and posters on social media are the ones to be suspected of not knowing what they are talking about.

Fauci, The scientists at the CDC, and the WHO's scientists know more about this than the rest of the world does. And they won't tell you to inject Clorox in you veins to cure yourself.

If anyone thinks a politician knows more about infectious disease than Fouci, then they should go to a politician or pundit the next time they get sick.

When hundreds of experts agree, and zero experts are disagreeing I tend to think they know what they are talking about better than anyone else on the planet.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

I never said any thing about a politicization,  so if that was meant to me, don't put words in my mouth. this is NOT political this is common sense.

everyone has their own feelings about this,  we've put our lives on hold for over a year now.  An to hear these guys flip flop every time they get a mic in front of their mouths is frustrating.

People want to believe every word that spills from their lips, go for it, I don't buy it.

That is my prerogative.  Like I said before in this thread,  everyone are entitled to their opinion, not mine.

Edited by kidblast
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, gdecant1 said:

He asked the scientists to look into it, possibly by injection. Exaggeration maybe but not a lie.

Exaggerations are lies - here's some examples.  "Paraphrased"

"It's a 'novel' virus -  the experts are learning new things every day."     "Airplanes have progressed since the Wright Brothers - just like science is progressing."    "These scientists have been doing this all their lives."    "Some old lady said vaccines include stuff from dead bodies."   

Wowsers.    So, we'd be ok flying on jets if aeronautical engineers  were telling us -  "ONE engine.  NO, two engines... " and they kept crashing?    "Don't worry - they're learning new things every day."  !>?      Fauci - a doctor who never had a patient.  First few years as a researcher. Past decades as a political bureaucrat over the same agency.    And, yes, vaccines do include cells from fetal tissue.  Not all vaccines and not a  significant amount, but some people won't swim in the community pool if there was a floater the day before.  Even after it was shocked with chlorine.   Don't  ridicule the old lady for having a point of view.   Unless you can take the same medicine. 

We are all entitled to our opinions.   

And - as KidBlast said -  Don't try to deflect and say this is a 'political' discussion.  There is a groundswell of dissatisfaction of how this pandemic is being handled - and not just in the US.  

• Sad 1
23 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

Then yer are all "He's picking on me.  I'm telling my Mommy!"  The whole time you're kicking the Fauch in the shins.

Hey, where are you in central MA?  I went to WPI.  I knew kids from all over MA.

23 hours ago, kidblast said:

LOL!   well y aknow,, we were kicking him in the knees, but he's been wearing knee pads lately. so we're trying the shins to see if that helps.

Yes, I am in Central mass,  a little place known Leominster.  (lemon-stir) Rt2 goes right thru just about the middle of it. 

WPI is good school, have a few friends who's kids are there right now.  (well, should be there I should say)...

I lived in Chicopee for several years.  Taxachussetts.  Central and Western Mass wanted to secede from Boston.  Of course, Boston wouldn't let them.   But that is irrelevant and deflective.       I find it ironic when someone pushes back on your :   "didn't you study..."   "develop self confidence"  "flustered by basic health practices"   '' don't be afraid of people smarter than you" !  All those  in one reply -  and you expect no one to push back?    I didn't.  But - when you doubled down with "Crying to your Mommy."  to KidBlast,  I think you might have assumed  I agreed with something you said when  I simply wrote  "Thanks for your advice."      I didn't.   I was trying to be respectful of your opinion.   Seems it didn't work.  

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

I lived in Chicopee for several years.  Taxachussetts.  Central and Western Mass wanted to secede from Boston.  Of course, Boston wouldn't let them.   But that is irrelevant and deflective.       I find it ironic when someone pushes back on your :   "didn't you study..."   "develop self confidence"  "flustered by basic health practices"   '' don't be afraid of people smarter than you" !  All those  in one reply -  and you expect no one to push back?    I didn't.  But - when you doubled down with "Crying to your Mommy."  to KidBlast,  I think you might have assumed  I agreed with something you said when  I simply wrote  "Thanks for your advice."      I didn't.   I was trying to be respectful of your opinion.   Seems it didn't work.  

I had family living out there for a few years,  it's a totally different world west of the King Phillips Bridge.  

wrt to BBP's comments, don't take em to heart, he's really a good dude, just has his beliefs as we have ours.   At the end of the day, we're all on this rock together, so it doesn't help to look for more division than there already is.   

• Like 1

Getting my J&J tomorrow at 5.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I could make something up based on how I feel that particular moment. 

As I get older, I spend more and more time being thankful about waking up on the right side of the grass. I will take the same attitude after 5 pm tomorrow.

• Like 4
On 4/2/2021 at 1:59 PM, NighthawkChris said:

I am going out on a limb that no one here is an epidemiologist...

I'm not an epidemiologist but I took lots of it in college.  That kind of stuff doesn't mean much here.  This ain't a very sciency place.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:26 AM, fortyearspickn said:

You're an ax grinder, dude.  Blah blah blah.  I'm just giving you what you y'all deserve.  Fauchi this, politics that.  You could have mowed your whole neighborhood's lawns if you didn't spend all this effort trying to outsmart doctors.  It must be a struggle.  Good luck!

• Haha 1
On 3/5/2021 at 4:14 PM, Mr. Natural said:

First, I want to apologize for dragging this topic up from page 4, but, yes I've been vaccinated.  I got the first dose (only a little shoulder soreness) on New Year's Eve and the second shot (a little more shoulder soreness) twenty eight days later.  I know a lot of people have different feelings about the Covid vaccine and about vaccines in general, but I think it's the right thing to do.

Now, after reading the last six pages, I want to REALLY apologize, AGAIN, for dragging this topic up from page 4.  I'm sorry.

• Haha 1
On 4/7/2021 at 9:17 PM, ksdaddy said:

Getting my J&J tomorrow at 5.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I could make something up based on how I feel that particular moment. 

As I get older, I spend more and more time being thankful about waking up on the right side of the grass. I will take the same attitude after 5 pm tomorrow.

The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Mr. Natural said:

Now, after reading the last six pages, I want to REALLY apologize, AGAIN, for dragging this topic up from page 4.  I'm sorry.

I'm on the fence, happy no s h i t is flying this way default_eusa_whistle.gif, but I do admire your sentiment Mr. Natural. [wink]

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

I'm not an epidemiologist but I took lots of it in college.  That kind of stuff doesn't mean much here.  This ain't a very sciency place.

Yeah but it doesn’t take someone to have to get education about viruses and the immune system to know a vaccine helps. I never realized how something I never gave a second thought about in life (vaccines) is such a big deal to others - a lot of “others”. Not saying vaccines are the silver bullet in this pandemic but I’m hoping to see something move in a positive direction to get the F out of this mess. We aren’t going to continue to distance and wear masks. A lot of people just want to live their lives which today propagates the spread of SARS-Cov2. I haven’t seen my brother for over a year. My friends either. My life has been drastically altered and I’ve sacrificed a lot in this pandemic. Yet some people think I’m an a** for believing in wearing masks and social distancing. One day hoping to wake up when this virus becomes endemic. Going to be a while and have to run through a lot of people before it does. 

Edited by NighthawkChris

I'm off the fence at this point. 

I had the covid19. 
My wife and I both had it, over a year ago, and we survived it. 
It wasn't all that fun, but we both have had worse flu infections in our lives.
I have had worse head colds. 

I don't see much point in taking a shot to make the rest of society happy.
It's not like it'll prevent me from getting it again and again. 
My body has demonstrated that it'll kick covid's a$S. 
So what's the point?

And I really want every single person who really wants to take that shot to have every opportunity to go ahead and get it. 
And may God bless them in that endeavor. 

No politics, no arguments. 
If you want it, get it. 
If you think you need it, GET IT. 
I won't stand in your way. 

And good luck from that point on in all things. 

😘

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
On 4/7/2021 at 11:52 AM, kidblast said:

I had family living out there for a few years,  it's a totally different world west of the King Phillips Bridge.  

wrt to BBP's comments, don't take em to heart, he's really a good dude, just has his beliefs as we have ours.   At the end of the day, we're all on this rock together, so it doesn't help to look for more division than there already is.   

That bridge is close to my Father-in-law’s place in Athol. 

29 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I'm off the fence at this point. 

I had the covid19. 
My wife and I both had it, over a year ago, and we survived it. 
It wasn't all that fun, but we both have had worse flu infections in our lives.
I have had worse head colds. 

I don't see much point in taking a shot to make the rest of society happy.
It's not like it'll prevent me from getting it again and again. 
My body has demonstrated that it'll kick covid's a$S. 
So what's the point?

And I really want every single person who really wants to take that shot to have every opportunity to go ahead and get it. 
And may God bless them in that endeavor. 

No politics, no arguments. 
If you want it, get it. 
If you think you need it, GET IT. 
I won't stand in your way. 

And good luck from that point on in all things. 

😘

Yepper 

• Sad 1

Australia did an outstanding job keeping control of the pandemic with record low numbers of cases and deaths - which is just as well because the 'roll-out' of vaccinations has been appalling! A complete shambles.

1 hour ago, Realmongo said:

That bridge is close to my Father-in-law’s place in Athol. 

Athol!  I know the place well.  the home of the River Rat Race...

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Brucebubs said:

Australia did an outstanding job keeping control of the pandemic with record low numbers of cases and deaths - which is just as well because the 'roll-out' of vaccinations has been appalling! A complete shambles.

And the UK had one of the worst death numbers but have actually done an amazing job with the vaccine.. Odd isnt it.. Bloody governments..  One of the few who seem to do it right is New Zealand..  Actually use common sense which seems to be quickly disappearing from this world, a pandemic in itself 🙂 (of stupidity).

• Thanks 1

By the time we each reach mid adulthood, most of us have had occasion to seek out a medical doctor for some reason or another. You probably chose that doctor with some degree of care. Once in the presence of said doctor, you probably formed an opinion about that doctor. Hopefully the doctor has instilled their trust into you. If you then trust & respect & value that doctor's opinion, you are likely to follow their advice.  If that does not happen, seek a doctor you do trust. There are quacks out there, but they tend to tip their hand early. Part of that relationship will probably be a realization on your part that the doctor has no political stance in his/her medical advice. In my experience, what happend in the examination room is apolitical. It is private. And in the huge majority of cases, said advice comes from a highly educated, very intelligent professional who has no motivation other that to further your physical and mental  well being.  In unusual cases, a second or third opinion may be in order. Dissent is unusual. Mainstream medical science, practiced doctors in good standing within your own community, is largely reliable. 

These are the individuals whose advice you should heed.  

• Like 2

I don’t give-a-crap about the politics.  Politics ruins friendships and destroys commonsense if people refuse to use it..  My wife had her 2nd shot last week and I get my 2nd on Tuesday morning.  I have very little faith in the TV doctors, but I want to get this stuff behind us and hopefully this will be a major step in doing that.  Otherwise we’re going to wearing masks for years and we’ll forget how to shake hands.

• Like 4