Gibson Brands Forums

VACCINE! - Get Your's Yet?

7 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

I don’t give-a-crap about the politics.  Politics ruins friendships and destroys commonsense if people refuse to use it..  My wife had her 2nd shot last week and I get my 2nd on Tuesday morning.  I have very little faith in the TV doctors, but I want to get this stuff behind us and hopefully this will be a major step in doing that.  Otherwise we’re going to wearing masks for years and we’ll forget how to shake hands.

exactly how I feel Larry,  second shot for me on this thursday

I just want for all of use to be able to move past this,  it's been ridiculous. 

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be

Wow, a year later and you people are none the wiser.  There are maybe a few people here that have some sense but the rest of you are morons.  You've been lied to by the rabid media (wing of the democr

IMO The politicians, pundits, propagandists, and posters on social media are the ones to be suspected of not knowing what they are talking about. Fauci, The scientists at the CDC, and the WHO's s

7 minutes ago, jvi said:

hoping for the call soon.....vaccine when young got me to "old" , vaccine when old will get me older... have a nice day eh !

how are things going up there with this in the great white north anyway??? 

11 minutes ago, kidblast said:

how are things going up there with this in the great white north anyway??? 

actually its very bad with variants becoming dominant, our vaccine supply isnt great yet but the "good ol USA" is helping by sending us some, thank you America, Im hoping we are much better soon and it looks like the supply is improving by the day. Thanks for asking, I hope you folks are thru this soon, Jim

24 minutes ago, jvi said:

actually its very bad with variants becoming dominant, our vaccine supply isnt great yet but the "good ol USA" is helping by sending us some, thank you America, Im hoping we are much better soon and it looks like the supply is improving by the day. Thanks for asking, I hope you folks are thru this soon, Jim

It was pretty bad here too Jim, early on. 

The plan was to try and get the most vulnerable taken care of first, which meant basically not only first responders but the oldest of the population. 

The process to schedule the appointments were so screwed up and complicated that none of those folks could ever hope to have sorted it out.  They had to rely on their children and other family members to help them get through it.

Once scheduled some of them had to drive some distance to be able to get to where the shots were being administered.  it was a disaster..  I was a Quest lab to get a routine blood test. I was ahead of an older fella, who was there with his wife.

They had to drive 2 hours one way to get to the site.  The day the shots were slotted we had a major snow storm forecast.  They had to go, regardless of how bad the weather was.  The were both in their late 80s and had no one to take them. 

That kind of stuff just didn't make sense. 

It is what it is.

But it's all sorted out some what now and it's getting easier to get these scheduled.

I expect that will be heading north soon.  And I'm all for all of us getting thru this asap.  This has been sucking the life out of everyone for way too long now.

Keep your chin up, it should get better in the coming weeks and months.

/ray

• Like 1
9 hours ago, kidblast said:

It was pretty bad here too Jim, early on. 

The plan was to try and get the most vulnerable taken care of first, which meant basically not only first responders but the oldest of the population. 

The process to schedule the appointments were so screwed up and complicated that none of those folks could ever hope to have sorted it out.  They had to rely on their children and other family members to help them get through it.

Once scheduled some of them had to drive some distance to be able to get to where the shots were being administered.  it was a disaster..  I was a Quest lab to get a routine blood test. I was ahead of an older fella, who was there with his wife.

They had to drive 2 hours one way to get to the site.  The day the shots were slotted we had a major snow storm forecast.  They had to go, regardless of how bad the weather was.  The were both in their late 80s and had no one to take them. 

That kind of stuff just didn't make sense. 

It is what it is.

But it's all sorted out some what now and it's getting easier to get these scheduled.

I expect that will be heading north soon.  And I'm all for all of us getting thru this asap.  This has been sucking the life out of everyone for way too long now.

Keep your chin up, it should get better in the coming weeks and months.

/ray

just got an appointment, thanks for the chin up it worked,   (never been so happy to get something I didnt want)

I believe we had our first Covid fatality for 2021 today in Australia [sad] - I expect it would have been a returned traveler from overseas. Not sure what's our vaccine plan though I understand my mother will receive her shots in May so that's comforting though she hasn't really seemed worried about catching it but I think she will appreciate the vaccine anyway.

17 hours ago, jvi said:

I hope thats all you give  mr.  g

Typhoid  Mr. Gibson you’re saying??

What if I say I don’t give sh1t what anyone thinks on here. Because I don’t. 

Tired of political correctness.

Rise up.

Think.

Don’t Sleep.

• Sad 1

Vaccinate if you want.

I don’t care.

Just don’t give me sh1t because I don’t want to.

The last 3 lines refer to political correctness not Vaccinations.

Right away you bring the guns out because you think I’m talking about getting vaccinated 

My wife and 1 daughter have gotten their shots,and that’s fine. I’m not because I only get tetanus shots because I play with rusty wire.

I had COVID already and it wasn’t a big deal, So why get vaccinated.

So in closing, I want to say,if you get vaccinated that’s fine,if you don’t that’s fine also.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
28 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Vaccinate if you want.

I don’t care.

Just don’t give me sh1t because I don’t want to.

The last 3 lines refer to political correctness not Vaccinations.

Right away you bring the guns out because you think I’m talking about getting vaccinated 

My wife and 1 daughter have gotten their shots,and that’s fine. I’m not because I only get tetanus shots because I play with rusty wire.

I had COVID already and it wasn’t a big deal, So why get vaccinated.

So in closing, I want to say,if you get vaccinated that’s fine,if you don’t that’s fine also.

You do it to yourself a bit here by adding comments like... Im giving my shot to anyone who wants it..

Of course its up to you to do what you want..  But you dont have to keep commenting on a thread where you know most people do think they should get it and want it..  What do you expect to happen apart from more people who take your bait...

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Last time I checked nobody is making anybody get vaccinated.

I figure if it decreased my chances of contracting it by 90% that's a good thing as I probably would not shrug it off and I'd like to live long enough break in this ES-137.  I forgot to mention this particular model has tall frets so be prepared for a lot of playing time to get it to feel like your other guitars.

Thread asks if we got our Vaccine yet.

I’m checking in here time to time saying I’m giving mine away.

Then the comment came from Canada about me giving something to someone 

Then someone else said something else

Then troll accusations abound as usual 

All I said I was giving my doses to whoever wants them.

WTF is wrong with that statement 

Nothing. You’re the trolls trying to troll me.

Tell the moderator of your concerns with me.

And I’m sure he’ll do whatever he has to and deal with me accordingly.

You people need sunlight.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
28 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

All I said I was giving my doses to whoever wants them.

WTF is wrong with that statement 

Nothing. You’re the trolls trying to troll me.

Tell the moderator of your concerns with me.

And I’m sure he’ll do whatever he has to and deal with me accordingly.

You people need sunlight.

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be getting one..  You know that and so does every one else.

So when you say things like that knowing that its not even possibility, it means what you are saying without saying it, again and again is Im not getting it for what ever reason blah blah. We know.. You have said it over and over..  And the only other reason to say it is just to stir things up with people who do want to get it... Why else would you say that? 

Its like you are proud of taking such a casual attitude towards the whole situation. Doesnt bother me, im not effected. I had it, it was no issue to me... Me me me me...

There are many people who have lost family and friends to this virus.. Maybe they do care even if you dont. How about the tiniest bit of empathy?

Also.. Like the flu. Sometimes you can get it and its not so bad, sometimes it can kill people.. This is the same but easier to catch.. You could get it again and next time it may not be so easy.. Im not saying that cos I am wishing it on you or anything nasty.. But just cos you had it once and did ok, doesnt mean that it will be the same if you get it again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

I had the "one and done" J&J six days ago. That evening I had slight nausea for about an hour... almost like I had a little too much coffee and it was upsetting my stomach. That may have even been the case. And maybe 2-3 hours after I got the shot, I had a hot flash that lasted a half hour or so. It wasn't bad, just the sensation that I was sweating and felt a little flushed. Otherwise, nothing.

For the past couple days, my skin and scalp have been itching like crazy. I wondered if that was some kind of side effect. This morning I realized the itchiness was limited to my scalp, face, neck, and lower arms. Basically whatever would be exposed when wearing a short sleeve shirt and pants. I've been doing some tree and bush trimming on a property I just bought... probably a reaction to contact.

They've 'paused' the J&J shot now because of some blood clot. I would be lying if I said I'm not concerned, even though I don't fit the demographic of those that were affected. 

My understanding is that when I get this vaccine and I’m “good to go” - waited the couple weeks after second shot - if I’m exposed I can still contract the virus but with less severity. Basically it keeps you at home off a tube. So I’m planning on not making orphans out of my kids - or at least kids without a dad. How well that plan works, we shall see... Only wanted to mention this because I’ve actually heard people claim it makes you invulnerable to this virus and that’s not what it does. Again, I’m no expert but if the vaccine prevents severe COVID, it did its job and that’s the 90 some percent efficacy. I could be wrong, but I may be right haha!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

I had the "one and done" J&J six days ago. That evening I had slight nausea for about an hour... almost like I had a little too much coffee and it was upsetting my stomach. That may have even been the case. And maybe 2-3 hours after I got the shot, I had a hot flash that lasted a half hour or so. It wasn't bad, just the sensation that I was sweating and felt a little flushed. Otherwise, nothing.

For the past couple days, my skin and scalp have been itching like crazy. I wondered if that was some kind of side effect. This morning I realized the itchiness was limited to my scalp, face, neck, and lower arms. Basically whatever would be exposed when wearing a short sleeve shirt and pants. I've been doing some tree and bush trimming on a property I just bought... probably a reaction to contact.

They've 'paused' the J&J shot now because of some blood clot. I would be lying if I said I'm not concerned, even though I don't fit the demographic of those that were affected. 

You know.. I had the astrazeneca jab..  They have had similar reports with rare clotting... I was a bit worried too.. Sort of hard not to be with the way the media and worse social media go on about this stuff..

And on the first night I was definitely effected.... Got the shakes and sweats... BUT this is normal for me whenever I have a cold or flu type thing.. And my arm was pretty sore for a few days and then for about ten days after I had like itchy creepy crawlies on my skin around that area and a sort of pinching feeling. Gone away now though.

The stats are pretty good though.. Over here I think something like 10 people died out of over 30 million..  Thats pretty good if you ask me.

All drugs and treatments have possible side effects.. Mostly people dont get them though.. When my dad was ill before he died I was reading some of the advice slips you get with the pills and drugs he was getting.. Its terrible..  Who ever reads those things though? Its like looking up medical issues on the internet, everything is going to give you cancer and kill you...

Cant listen to that crap... If we listened to all of those stats and figures none of us would ever leave the house...

Video on tv today -  seemed like an unauthorized taping of a discussion with a mover and shaker at CNN - clearly, proudly bragging about how their network was responsible for some major political happenings here in the US over  the past year.  He said  "Fear is the key to making things happen."   And went on to say that CNN's next target, with the Presidential Election behind them - is  "Global Warming".      I'm glad it's not Gender Identity / Transgender Rights - because I'm too old to get that operation.  Even if it's 'voluntary'.  

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

I wonder if the one shot version has a little more punch than the 2 shot version?   CDC meeting today to consider the cases where they were clots.   Hard decision to make.  I assume they have 'guidelines'  that look at the number of adverse reactions  compared to total shots administered and whether those who got the shots had other underlying conditions.  I'm guessing some people getting these vaccines may never have had vaccines before and would have had problems if it were just the regular flu shot.  Allergic to eggs or whatever they ask.  

• Sad 1

The reactions seem all over the place. My wife had the Moderna(sp?) first shot, next one due the 29th, no negative effects other than a very sore arm. My step daughter got the first Pfizer with no problems. My mechanic got the first Moderna and wants to die. A co-worker's daughter got the J&J and barfed for 2 days.

I have no idea if this has anything to do with it, but immediately after getting my shot, I made it a point to do some fast paced semi-strenuous activity. I sold my mother's house to my daughter and I had a couple car loads of stuff to finish moving. I kept a brisk pace and made sure to move my 'shot' arm as much as I could. That might be why I didn't have a sore arm, but anything beyond that is probably a pound of smoke.

28 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Video on tv today -  seemed like an unauthorized taping of a discussion with a mover and shaker at CNN - clearly, proudly bragging about how their network was responsible for some major political happenings here in the US over  the past year.  He said  "Fear is the key to making things happen."   And went on to say that CNN's next target, with the Presidential Election behind them - is  "Global Warming".      I'm glad it's not Gender Identity / Transgender Rights - because I'm too old to get that operation.  Even if it's 'voluntary'.  

people need to shut the TVs off,  these clowns are poisoning everyone and everything they touch.

(Can I say this with out getting whacked with the ban bat?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1