Gibson Brands Forums

VACCINE! - Get Your's Yet?

My wife and I were seriously ill with Covid thirteen months ago. Two weeks ago we got our first shots of the Pfizer vaccine. She was fine, but the next day I suffered from 18 hours of "mini-Covid" until the symptoms disappeared.

Unfortunately here in Canada the politicians of on all three levels of government (municipal, provincial and federal) have completely bungled efforts to combat the virus' spread, as well as the vaccination efforts, and the population and business continues to suffer because of their collective ineptitude.

RBSinTo

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with that statement is its nonsense..  You know you cant give away your dose to anyone, it doesnt work like that. There is no dose specifically for you and wont be as you said you wont be

Wow, a year later and you people are none the wiser.  There are maybe a few people here that have some sense but the rest of you are morons.  You've been lied to by the rabid media (wing of the democr

IMO The politicians, pundits, propagandists, and posters on social media are the ones to be suspected of not knowing what they are talking about. Fauci, The scientists at the CDC, and the WHO's s

1 hour ago, jvi said:

here in Canada the people have to take some responsibility as well as govt.  the govt. had a bigger task than us regular folk

Of course. And my wife and I as well as our children and friends have modified our behaviour to conform to accepted medical practices during the pandemic. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who for any number of reasons have chosen not to do so.

RBSinTo

5 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

Of course. And my wife and I as well as our children and friends have modified our behaviour to conform to accepted medical practices during the pandemic. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who for any number of reasons have chosen not to do so.

RBSinTo

Like the entire state of Texas. Yet cases are not sky rocketing like people thought.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, kidblast said:

people need to shut the TVs off,  these clowns are poisoning everyone and everything they touch.

(Can I say this with out getting whacked with the ban bat?)

You can say any damn thing you want as far as I’m concerned. But we have trolls around here who think they’re in control of the forum. I say I want to give my vaccine away, then they write a fukkin novel about what a prick I am for saying that. Like I said tell the moderator and let him decide my fate. These people been looking out the window so long they’re stir crazy.

• Sad 2
7 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

You can say any damn thing you want as far as I’m concerned. But we have trolls around here who think they’re in control of the forum. I say I want to give my vaccine away, then they write a fukkin novel about what a prick I am for saying that. Like I said tell the moderator and let him decide my fate. These people been looking out the window so long they’re stir crazy.

if we can say any dam thing we want dont get so up tight and call people trolls

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

this forum like any forum, has the potential for folks getting their panties in a bunch.. LOL!  But, it's still pretty tame here compared to some other places, so we have that going for us!! (See, there's always a bright side)

My wife got hers today and I am getting mine tomorrow morning so pretty happy about that. Initially here in Canada people less that 65 were not expected to receive the shot until September so things have ramped up and more people getting the vaccine then expected. Hopefully that will help get the numbers down.

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Like the entire state of Texas. Yet cases are not sky rocketing like people thought.

Yep...

When the "Open Carry" of pistols  was legalized for citizens licenses to 'Conceal Carry"-  these same fear mongering people  claimed gun violence would 'surge' and it would be like The Wild West.    There wasn't even a blip.  (You rarely see anyone open carrying,  by the way. People don't want criminals or liberals to know they have a gun.)    The new law  just made it impossible to arrest law abiding citizens licensed for 'Concealed Carry'  if the wind blew their shirt up to expose their pistol.  

What worries me - is these same people are in charge of counting 'new CV19 cases'  and  I believe they are counting new cases for the state to include the tens of thousands they find when they test the Illegal Aliens literally pouring into our state.    

• Sad 1

A limerick for you, on this topic. 

So they ask if I've had the vaccine
(them wearing their masks, their hands so clean)
I answer them just like thus 
"Whose opinion should I trust?
My doctor, or your social media machine?"

Science. 
It's not a political tool, nor is it crowd control. 

In its purest form, it's a pristine, perfect, sublime avenue toward arriving at the truth. 
And that journey is rarely a quick and easy one. 

I wish that more people would learn science and study it, and less people cavalierly misrepresent it.

😗

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
13 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yep...

When the "Open Carry" of pistols  was legalized for citizens licenses to 'Conceal Carry"-  these same fear mongering people  claimed gun violence would 'surge' and it would be like The Wild West.    There wasn't even a blip.  (You rarely see anyone open carrying,  by the way. People don't want criminals or liberals to know they have a gun.)    The new law  just made it impossible to arrest law abiding citizens licensed for 'Concealed Carry'  if the wind blew their shirt up to expose their pistol.  

What worries me - is these same people are in charge of counting 'new CV19 cases'  and  I believe they are counting new cases for the state to include the tens of thousands they find when they test the Illegal Aliens literally pouring into our state.    

brutha  you just said a whole bunch-a truth there.  

Well, got my 2nd one on Tuesday!  Arm very sore and felt a little achy on the way home.  Yesterday (Wednesday) I had 100% body aches.  No flu feelings, just strange aches and pains.  I slept most of the day.  Then today, (Thursday) I feel fantastic.  My wife had no reactions to her 2nd shot.  All depends on the individual, I guess!  Just glad it’s over and I’m not going to do this crap every year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 4/13/2021 at 12:00 PM, jvi said:

I hope thats all you give  mr.  g

2 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Well, got my 2nd one on Tuesday!   Just glad it’s over and I’m not going to do this crap every year.

This is where I'd wish we could get some definitive, straight talk from the experts direct to the people without the political and media interference to cloud the messaging.  Cos my understanding is that:

1. Whether or not Mr G gets vaccinated will have no impact on whether he contracts or spreads Covid - it purely protects him (c90%) from the risk of personal death. He could have the shot and still get Covid and pass it on anyway.

2. MP's shot will protect him (again 90% from his personal death)  against current strains of Covid for 6 months or so - so he will indeed have to go through this crap every year until Covid dies through its own attrition (if it ever does).

...the thing is, I COULD BE COMPLETELY WRONG - I'm just going off what I think is the case from my bit of research - the problem is how do we know when we have all these vested interests in Govt/media/business wanting to pat us on the head and say 'there there,  you have had yer 2 shots so get back out there and consume!'  ?? 

• Like 1

the craziest part for me at over 65 is - both my parents died young and Ive  allways known something could get me tommorow or next week, my running joke to myself  recently has been " I wish this covid crap would end so I could go back to thinking about all the other crap waiting in the shadows , ( which Ive ignored for so long)   -  also I didnt intend to  antagonize anyone, mr g included, by my comments.  I very much hope we are ALL here to talk  ( or argue even ) about the mind f that this stuff caused  in the coming years      be safe, be kind ,be calm ,is what BCs health officer says and so do I. Jim

• Like 1

At this point, if you don't get a vaccine, you're just Darwin material.  If you think you're smarter than people who are way smarter than you, just because a dumb guy told you so, you're not going much of anywhere in the real world.  And if you get your medical news from Fox news, you're going to be a numbskull.  They're lying like a rug and you believe them cause it makes it easier for you to be lazy.  Like my Contracts prof said, "I can tell the A students from the Z students the minute they walk into class." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

At this point, if you don't get a vaccine, you're just Darwin material.

Well actually ....

I work in a public school district.  The vaccine was made available to district staff pretty early. 

BUT:

1.  I have my own office and don't often have visitors.  When I do, it's mostly the same 6 people. 

2. Compared to some people who work with me, I'm not that old.  

So I held off and let the older administrators and the teachers who sometimes have to be in the same room with 20+ students go first.

I just finally made my appointment - my first shot is next Friday.   

I don't feel stupid for letting the teachers and older people go first.   Who knows, maybe someone's gramma lived because I waited.  I'm also glad I waited because it turns out there were some problems with the first few rounds of vaccinations.  I chose the one that seems to have the least problems so far: Moderna. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Giving priority to those more vulnerable than you is not the same as refusing to get jabbed. IMO that's heroic.

Refusing to get a vaccination because some pundit, politician, propagandist, or poster on social media told you it's harmful, IMHO is foolish.

I got the  Moderna shots, and so far, nothing negative, except for the Bill Gates Microchip which makes me a little sick whenever I see a Mac computer. 😄

Insights, incites and some lame humor by Notes

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 4/15/2021 at 10:22 AM, kidblast said:

brutha  you just said a whole bunch-a truth there.  

If this was a business, you and Fortyguy would have been let go awhile ago.  You'd be sitting at the bar telling each other how dumb everybody is.

Anyway, I drove through your town a couple years ago.  I think I stopped at Dunkin Donuts.  People up there sure do take care of their stuff a lot better than southerners do.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Just now, badbluesplayer said:

If this was a business, you and Fortyguy would have been let go awhile ago.  You'd be sitting at the bar telling each other how dumb everybody is.

Anyway, I drove through your town a couple years ago.  I think I stopped at Dunkin Donuts.  People up there sure do take care of their stuff a lot better than southerners do.

seriously  stfu. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
3 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

At this point, if you don't get a vaccine, you're just Darwin material.  If you think you're smarter than people who are way smarter than you, just because a dumb guy told you so, you're not going much of anywhere in the real world.  And if you get your medical news from Fox news, you're going to be a numbskull.  They're lying like a rug and you believe them cause it makes it easier for you to be lazy.  Like my Contracts prof said, "I can tell the A students from the Z students the minute they walk into class." 

What are "Z students" ?

• Thanks 1