Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Color

ddsax422

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I would not. rct would too.

I have a black Hello Kitty.  Bone stock except for straplocks, super mint-y.  I've recorded it a couple times, rehearsed it a bunch, and gigged it a few.  

rct

• Like 1

I have always had a thing for TV Yellow, going back a ways, but just one at a time.. It has something to do with the first time I heard a LP TV DC....

My SG-X, below, was a deviation, but it was such a screamer.

YhfxFpM.jpg

I have more with a natural finish than anything else. I just like the wood showing through.

Then I have translucence covered with Green, Blue and Cherry.

Edited by mihcmac

In general, I really like almost all bursts ... EXCEPT for green and blue bursts. 

My brother just bought a Gibson "Green Ocean Burst" Les Paul Classic (a Sweetwater exclusive).  I dunno, maybe it will grow on me when I see it in person ...

Don't tell my brother what I said ...

LPCLSWGOB.jpg.auto.webp

I'm not fond of that particular green 01GT, but to each his/her own.

I avoid greens on stage because when lights reflect off of it onto your skin, it makes you look sick. It's a subliminal thing for the audience's perception, not a personal preference. Reds and pinks are better reflected on your skin.

Insights and incites by Notes

The bottom picture looks like my Vintage White Tele when it was new in 97.  The middle picture looks like my Vintage White Tele today.

He might be using a White Blonde, which I think mid 80's was in the color range.

rct

• Like 1