Gibson Brands Forums

NGD ........... Telecaster anyone??

bigtim

My first USA Telecaster.

I went for the all rosewood neck.  It was a crap shoot as I knew there have been issues with the fret ends sticking out. Well that would have not been so bad had there not have been 4 silica gel packs in the case.

However, I must say once it is broken in well, it is going to be very very nice. It is nice and resonate. The neck is so smooth and it really has  a very resonate body and neck combo. Nothing like I have ever had before.  The pick ups sound very good too. It plays so nice and smooth. The feel of the neck is really outstanding.

If  anyone pulls the trigger on the all rosewood neck model, be prepared to get out the sand paper and files for some touch up.

C4rnwQk.jpg?1

Edited by bigtim
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rct said:

Nice!  I have that one too.  No fret end problems though.

It's a fun guitar to play.  Enjoy!

rct

Man it sure is nice and smooth. I am hoping that the neck will get acclimated to the humidity and swell a little to resolve the fret issue. 

How long have you had yours??

On January 25, 2021 at 8:20 PM, bigtim said:

My first USA Telecaster.

I went for the all rosewood neck.  It was a crap shoot as I knew there have been issues with the fret ends sticking out. Well that would have not been so bad had there not have been 4 silica gel packs in the case.

However, I must say once it is broken in well, it is going to be very very nice. It is nice and resonate. The neck is so smooth and it really has  a very resonate body and neck combo. Nothing like I have ever had before.  The pick ups sound very good too. It plays so nice and smooth. The feel of the neck is really outstanding.

If  anyone pulls the trigger on the all rosewood neck model, be prepared to get out the sand paper and files for some touch up.

C4rnwQk.jpg?1

Cool beans

• Thanks 1