Gibson Brands Forums

The (new) Gibson App

hummingbirdguy

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Recently Gibson announced an overhaul of their app. The redesign now includes a learning component featuring AR learning modules and song tabs. There's also an option to schedule a virtual tech appointment to have a Gibson technician help you with a number of services - from string changes to setups and so much more.  Of course the tuner present in the previous version is still there and along with ability to shop the online store and catch the latest from Gibson TV. Looks like Gibson is entering the app learning market to compete with the likes of Fender, Yousician, and many other services. I say good on them, it seems Gibson is really putting forth an effort to remain relevant by capturing - and in some cases recapturing - new and former fans.

I've used the augmented reality learning and it's pretty fun to have something more interactive than JustinGuitar's website.  To be fair I'm a little further along than what's covered in the first couple of lessons in the basics course, but still working through them all, so can't comment on the more intermediate or advanced material. 

Here you'll find a link to both the apple and google play store links: https://hello.gibson.com/gibson-app/

Anyone else given the any of the features or services a try?

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...