Gibson Brands Forums

The end of the line?

SteveFord

This has been a rough pandemic on a lot of different level for everyone still above ground.

I've wanted one of these since I bumped into a guy carrying a 335-ish case when I was in my early 20s and I asked if I could see what was inside it.

For surviving nearly a year (mostly) trapped indoors with my wife, I decided what the hell, bite the bullet and do it SO it should be here next week.  

In the meantime, here's what will be on the UPS truck soon, a 2008 ES-345 with the coveted ToneSuck Device, stereo and slim neck.

h7mLwK2.jpg

RAXRfjY.jpg

2IjoBNs.jpg

GB5HZdr.jpg

• Like 6

Somebody in Lynyrd Skynrd had a 345?  I didn't know that.  The only people I ever saw with one was Freddie King and Elvin Bishop, I thought the guy from Be Bop Deluxe had a 335.

This forced indoor time really got me thinking about all of the guitars I drooled over as a kid and then put out of my mind as I grew up and put the guitars on the back burner.

I always wanted a 3 pick up SG Custom like that 60th Anniversary but in all honesty, I'd seldom play it and it would be a case queen.

I KNOW this 345 will see a lot of use.

• Like 1

Yeah..  I dont regret getting my 336 for a second.. I would have liked a new one but it doesnt really matter that much as it in very good condition..  Pretty much as I would expect for one of my own guitars thats over a decade old.

And if you mean its the end of the line cos you will soon have your dream guitar and wont want any others..  You are probably right 😄

17 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Somebody in Lynyrd Skynrd had a 345?  I didn't know that.  The only people I ever saw with one was Freddie King and Elvin Bishop, I thought the guy from Be Bop Deluxe had a 335.

This forced indoor time really got me thinking about all of the guitars I drooled over as a kid and then put out of my mind as I grew up and put the guitars on the back burner.

I always wanted a 3 pick up SG Custom like that 60th Anniversary but in all honesty, I'd seldom play it and it would be a case queen.

I KNOW this 345 will see a lot of use.

Ed King played a 1964  ES-345, on and off, throughout the years. 

He played a lot of guitars. 
Really well. 

😐