Gibson Brands Forums

Some Cool Movies I've Been Watching The Past Few Weeks

Sgt. Pepper

7 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

[confused]  YEARS AGO?   The movie( "The Trial Of The Chicago 7" )  came out in 2020, and it's now 2021! 

But there was also a teleplay about the trial that was broadcast in the '70's sometime.  Maybe later it was put on VHS or later DVD and THAT'S what you saw?

Whitefang

I saw Being John Malkovich, years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a 4 part doc. about the art theft of a Boston museum, called the Gardner Museum. Took place on St. Patty's Day in Boston. Its 4 about 50 min. episodes and there looks like a season two in lucking. 

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Check out "The Terminal" on Netflix.  Kind of a dumb plot but Tom Hanks makes it work. 

Deb and I watched it in the theatre. It was good, You kept wanting to say, Just leave! It was too drawn out. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm currently re-watching The Beatles - Anthology Doc. I'm to where they are on their first tour on the US.

I have that in VHS and watch all six tapes usually one or two a day(depending on which time of year and how clear my calendar is, in regards to doctor appointments and such) at least once a year.  STILL hasn't bored me.  [cool]  Never tire of it.

Whitefang

I love Westerns. Guess I'm just a sucker for gun smoke and horse manure Haha. My uncle loved them too. I do like all sorts of movies with comedy, war, the classics and even some Disney. Only the fingers I can count on one hand for Deb's chic flicks though.  That one with Hanks, Sleepless in Seattle? The gal is telling her love story and they are crying about the Empire love scene.  I laughed so hard when Hanks and the other guy started telling about the Dirty Dozen scene throwing hand grenades down in the locked basement air vents with gasoline and they both started crying over their emotions. 

20 hours ago, Whitefang said:

I have that in VHS and watch all six tapes usually one or two a day(depending on which time of year and how clear my calendar is, in regards to doctor appointments and such) at least once a year.  STILL hasn't bored me.  [cool]  Never tire of it.

Whitefang

VHS? Do you still have an 8-track player too?

• 4 months later...

I rarely sit still for  a movie. And when I do, it's some stupid old low budget sci fi or cheesy gore... something made in the 60s for about twelve bucks. i love that stuff.

Within the last week I've watched a couple clips that popped up on facebook, no idea why I even bothered. One had Clint Eastwood, who found a duffel bag full of heroin in his truck, and was then dealing with law enforcement AND the smugglers. Another had Nicolas Cage, who was trying to rescue some blond chick who was getting the crap kicked out of her non stop. They shot NC in the face and he got right back up.

Both of these clips made me anxious and unsettled. I'm at the stage of life where watching a movie like that is not my idea of fun.

Cover.jpg?w=620&h=360&crop=1

1 hour ago, ksdaddy said:

I rarely sit still for  a movie. And when I do, it's some stupid old low budget sci fi or cheesy gore... something made in the 60s for about twelve bucks. i love that stuff.

Within the last week I've watched a couple clips that popped up on facebook, no idea why I even bothered. One had Clint Eastwood, who found a duffel bag full of heroin in his truck, and was then dealing with law enforcement AND the smugglers. Another had Nicolas Cage, who was trying to rescue some blond chick who was getting the crap kicked out of her non stop. They shot NC in the face and he got right back up.

Both of these clips made me anxious and unsettled. I'm at the stage of life where watching a movie like that is not my idea of fun.

Cover.jpg?w=620&h=360&crop=1

Personally, I think the Sci-Fi from the '50's are more campy fun.  You can catch a lot of 'em on Svengoolie(if you get MeTv)  But for movies lately, I either stick to my personal library, but usually if there's nothing that interests me on Turner Classic Movies.  Lately, they've been showing a lot of early Lucille Ball movies from the late '30's and early '40's.  It's been a lot of fun.   This morning they're featuring some early '60's Hammer British horror flicks with Peter Cushing and the great Christopher Lee.   [cool]

Whitefang

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Personally, I think the Sci-Fi from the '50's are more campy fun.  You can catch a lot of 'em on Svengoolie(if you get MeTv)  But for movies lately, I either stick to my personal library, but usually if there's nothing that interests me on Turner Classic Movies.  Lately, they've been showing a lot of early Lucille Ball movies from the late '30's and early '40's.  It's been a lot of fun.   This morning they're featuring some early '60's Hammer British horror flicks with Peter Cushing and the great Christopher Lee.   [cool]

Whitefang

Christopher Lee’s “The Horror Of Dracula” scared the crap out of me when it came out.. I was about 10-11.. I was a big Horror movie fan as a kid. Most were campy but not that one. At least it wasn’t for me back then… 

Edited by Larsongs

On 10/21/2021 at 12:19 PM, Larsongs said:

Christopher Lee’s “The Horror Of Dracula” scared the crap out of me when it came out.. I was about 10-11.. I was a big Horror movie fan as a kid. Most were campy but not that one. At least it wasn’t for me back then… 

TCM also showed that one yesterday.   Seeing it when it came out('58) puts you at about the 73-4 age range.  [wink]

I first saw it at the same age, but when a local theater showed it a few years after first release.   And yeah, I left some crap behind too.  [blink]

Whitefang

Edited by Whitefang

On 10/21/2021 at 11:19 AM, Larsongs said:

Just the TRAILER scared the crap out of me!!

😮