Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom Axcess Bengal Burst

GuitarsAnn

I'm interested in the Les Paul Axcess Custom Bengal Burst but I am seeing it with the Cherry Mahogany back and the Black back. Was there a change in how these guitars are finished? I would love to get one with the Cherry back, neck, and sides like it is shown on the website. Don't really care for the black. Anyone have any insight ?

Thanks.

20 hours ago, GuitarsAnn said:

I'm interested in the Les Paul Axcess Custom Bengal Burst but I am seeing it with the Cherry Mahogany back and the Black back. Was there a change in how these guitars are finished? I would love to get one with the Cherry back, neck, and sides like it is shown on the website. Don't really care for the black. Anyone have any insight ?

Thanks.

Gibson  is endlessly changing finish's every year.

What is sad is some people have ordered this guitar expecting the cherry finish as the website shows and are disappointed when it arrives. That really sucks. I guess I won't buy anything I can't look at and play first. The only guitar I ever purchased without seeing and playing first was my 50th Anniversary SG12.  No More. 

Ann

• 8 months later...

It's finally here!! Took 9 months but well worth the wait. It is AWESOME.  The tiger strips are like 3D and change with viewing angle. Very interesting like the guitar is alive. Mine is an M2M and I ordered it with the Cherry Back.

y8Pv9A8.jpg

iRhr7AT.jpg

Ys95sYd.jpg

ylE1QnB.jpg

Edited by GuitarsAnn

I'm really liking this guitar. The workmanship looks to be perfect. The neck joint is amazing and the contour very comfortable. It plays great. Well worth the 9 month wait.

Martin uses the reinforced volute, and yes, they all should. Too many heads have bee broken off.

Edited by GuitarsAnn
  • Like 1