Gibson Brands Forums

Ridin’ Out The Storm. Rodney Crowell cover

rbpicker

This is one of my favorites from Rodney Crowell. Story of a man who has chosen his path, however difficult, based on principle and conviction. A good piece of writing in my book.

Guitar is a (lowly) Yamaha FG830. The fun-to-dollar ratio of this guitar exceeds anything I’ve seen lately. Pretty amazing for 300 bones.

Hope you enjoy the tune. 
Roger

Edited by rbpicker

Crowell is one-hell-of-a-songwriter.  His phrasing and metaphors are excellent  Like John Prine, he has a very unique way of saying things and I think your rendition is also your own unique take on the song.   I really enjoyed it!........BTW, I've kind of been working on a similar message in one of my songs, but trust me, it's nowhere near the quality of this song......  Crowell is one of the best ever.

Edited by MissouriPicker

Excellent job! And, yes, it is great to see Crowell covered. He really is a craftsman.

I wonder, though.... Why not show us YOU singing the song? I know some folks like to show just their hands, but unless you're Tommy Emanuel or Billy Strings showing us your licks, I want to see you singing. That's a big part of what makes the performance of a song (especially a good one like you've done here) a human experience.

57 minutes ago, dhanners623 said:

Why not show us YOU singing the song? I know some folks like to show just their hands, but unless you're Tommy Emanuel or Billy Strings showing us your licks, I want to see you singing. That's a big part of what makes the performance of a song (especially a good one like you've done here) a human experience.

Yes, exactly!