Gibson Brands Forums

The Trouble With Hanging Guitars

jedzep

9 hours ago, BigKahune said:

Just put up a good board across the wall over the line the hangers are on, then you just mount the hangers to the board.  No plaster work. 😎

Good idea. Last time I tried to put up a Hercules hanger, the drill found the cement between the bricks. Had to abandon it. 

Yeah, I also like the sliding multiple hanger setups I've seen online, but I'm partial to my homemade barn board hangers, and with my maximum limit on the number of guitars I own staying in check the issue never came up. I added the little Martin 0018 and that threw the math off. With two interior walls of 4 and 5 hangers each, I literally am out of space now, so that settles it. I can patch, paint, and forget.
djdNwte.jpg

When I get around to whittling down to the final four the next issue will be empty hangers. Nothing sadder than that.

1 hour ago, jedzep said:

OK Ed, I'm shamed. I had to at least paint the dang wall. Tomorrow I'm going to my old barn loft and hunt for boards. You give new meaning to the term 'Wall of Sound'.
9zutGpe.jpg

Thanks so much. I had a plain gray wall for ten years and this past November we had the house painted. I didnt want to do the same old thing plus not enough studs to safely screw in to for the spacing I needed. Thought about a nice oak slab but we found an antique wood supplier about ten minutes from home and very reasonably priced, $5/sq.ft. I am eastern Ontario, east of Toronto. The barn was built in 1915. We are very happy with it. Lots of Irish coffee consumed in that room in the morning with its southern exposure. 

Good luck with your endeavors.