Gibson Brands Forums

Which one?

callen3615

You have to choose one. There is a thread in the les paul section about fat les paul players. (fat people not fat guitars)

So Im not fat but I suck at guitar, which raised the question for me....would you rather be in shape and terrible, OR fat and a shred machine?

I picked fat and nasty. But I am no shredfactory (I do my share when in the mood and when the song calls for it)... in fact I can't stand anything with more than 25% shred in it.

Shred is not bad or wrong... but most of the guys today are trying to play twice as fast as the guy next to them instead of trying to keep up with him while having fun and ading to the song.

I picked fat and nasty. But I am no shredfactory (I do my share when in the mood and when the song calls for it)... in fact I can't stand anything with more than 25% shred in it.

Shred is not bad or wrong... but most of the guys today are trying to play twice as fast as the guy next to them instead of trying to keep up with him while having fun and ading to the song.

i'm a 15-years old guy, and i like heavy metal and some shredders,like Herman Li.

but i prefer normal playing, shred is boring after 10 minutes, and to play i prefer something wich has sense or make emotions =D>

Shredding is like Tap Dancing. It's hard to do, some people make it interesting for a short time, but for the most part it sucks.

As for the topic, Since I'm A pretty Darn Good player and in pretty good shape, I'm unqualified to answerer.

Archived