Gibson Brands Forums

New Look Forum

merciful-evans

2 hours ago, Brucebubs said:

It won't let me post pictures anymore or go back and  'Edit' my post!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/2YaN7jam.jpg[/img]

edit the post with the three little dots on the upper right corner of your entry

for photos,,  as long as it's https (like your example seems to be), I've had no troubles.

Edited by kidblast

25 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Brucebubs, 

leave out the [img] [/img] 'link' part & it works ok

2YaN7jam.jpg

AlE4Xqgm.jpg

Went back and tried it - removed the IMG - really weird, the picture flashes up when I press submit but just reverts back to type on the post ... like this

https://i.imgur.com/Lduvv6gm.jpg

Lduvv6gm.jpg

Worked it out. Imgur users click on 'Direct Link' now instead of 'BBCode'.

Edited by Brucebubs

I'm testing an image too...

DOjvHSV.jpg

I used the lower right hand corner of the text box in this forum that allows us to reply to a message and there's a drop-down menu that by default says "Other Media".  There's a selection item that says "Insert image from URL".  Then, went to Imgur, copied the BBC code link that Imgur let me copy, removed the [img] stuff surrounding the link, and I made sure that the link had the ".jpg" extension.  Voila!.  Was much easier before just using the surrounding tags...  Oh well, as long as it works. 

Enjoy the pic.  8.3lb R9 60th Anniversary in dark cherry burst.  Bought it from Mark's Guitar Loft FYI.  Cool guy... 

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

DOjvHSV.jpg

I used the lower right hand corner of the text box in this forum that allows us to reply to a message and there's a drop-down menu that by default says "Other Media".  There's a selection item that says "Insert image from URL".  Then, went to Imgur, copied the BBC code link that Imgur let me copy, removed the [img] stuff surrounding the link, and I made sure that the link had the ".jpg" extension.  Voila!.  Was much easier before just using the surrounding tags...  Oh well, as long as it works. 

Enjoy the pic.  8.3lb R9 60th Anniversary in dark cherry burst.  Bought it from Mark's Guitar Loft FYI.  Cool guy... 

Gorgeous

DOjvHSV.jpg

Wow

DOjvHSV.jpg

Eventually my goal to have an r9. However mine seems to slay everything i put it up against. But that flame tho...

• Haha 1

@Crids, I got a few reissues to share some pics of, lol!  Nice Goldtop BTW.  Maybe if someone makes a "guitar appreciation" thread or something of the sort, I'd be happy to participate...  Check out Mark's Guitar Loft in NH if you're in the market.  You need to poll his site from time to time and see what comes in new.  He's very professional and courteous to do business with. 

Im in Canada ...i search used alot used r9's at thier cheapest are 5k CAD. Its steep but i ll be passing on these instruments to my kids...so that put it in perspective. That is one of the nicest tops ive seen. Lp's are the only guitars that are works of art that can offer satisfaction just staring at them!