Gibson Brands Forums

My thoughts on the 2009 J45 TV VOS

eeh1

Because I cannot swear here, I will simply say FFFFFFFFFFFFFantastic. Right out of the case it rings and sings.

Iam still checking with Gibson to make sure it is the same as the 2008 without the goodies(certificate,jacket,case cover) and "limited edition". Whatever it is, it sounds great. I have a brazilian AJ and this combination of adirondack and hog rivals the AJ............................sort of.

Because I cannot swear here' date=' I will simply say FFFFFFFFFFFFFantastic. Right out of the case it rings and sings.

Iam still checking with Gibson to make sure it is the same as the 2008 without the goodies(certificate,jacket,case cover) and "limited edition". Whatever it is, it sounds great. I have a brazilian AJ and this combination of adirondack and hog rivals the AJ............................sort of.[/quote']

Same way I feel about mine. I wonder if the hide glue might be the only difference? I checked mine and there is no indication on the checklist of hide glue. Congrats, it is a fine instrument.

I must say- the new Gibson acoustics can be great. I was with my teacher last night, playing my 2008 J45 modern classic next to his original banner 1943 J-45, refurbed by the head of repairs here at the Memphis Gibson factory. We both agreed that my instrument sounded better in every way, and was nicer to play. Of course his has the cool mojo and is worth 5x as much, but...

Powerpopper' date=' I see you own 2 of the 3 of this series. Did you A / B the SJ-200 VOS Ltd with your Townsend? I have dreams of the right SJ-200 and still haven't quite found it.[/quote']

To answer the question, no I didn't A/B them, but I probably should have. I did play the LTD SJ-200 and it was phenomenal. I do not doubt that if I had A/B'd them, I would have preferred the LTD. There is something about the Red Spruce top (and possibly the Hide Glue) that make these exceptional instruments in my book. (And yes, I know the Hummingbird doesn't have a Red Spruce top.)

Unfortunately, the SJ-200 was the most expensive guitar of the series and the J-45 and the Hummingbird are more practical for me. I take my Petey out somewhat occasionally just because he's so big (in sound and in size) and because of my admiration for the real Pete, but if I had it to do over again, I'd probably go with the TV VOS LTD version.

And I would do it right now, but my wife would kill me, divorce me or both. Weighing the options here, if I were to survive, could I crash at your place?O:)/

And I would do it right now, but my wife would kill me, divorce me or both. Weighing the options here, if I were to survive, could I crash at your place?:D/

You have to admire a woman who is so thorough that after she kills you she divorces you, just to be sure.

But listen, if you bring the SJ-200 ltd VOS you can move in brother. No, make that the whole bundle of three and I'll do the cooking.

Archived