Gibson Brands Forums

I'm gonna be on a live album (not performing)

Sgt. Pepper

39 minutes ago, rct said:

..... I need a Custom Tele. 

You do?   That would make........never mind. [wink]  

But how about the spec-it-yourself custom option?

I remember Rocketman got a Strat that way and it was a goodie.  Must have been 2012-13?

Edited by jdgm

1 minute ago, jdgm said:

You do?   That would make........never mind. [wink]  

But how about the spec-it-yourself custom option?

I remember Rocketman got a Strat that way and it was fantastic.  Must have been 2012-13?

I've been -><- close to a Custom Shop a few times.  In the end, they won't put it in what I want, so I'm just spending stupid money to be changing pickups when I get it home.

There is currently American Original 60's Tele that is the 1960 Custom Tele.  Burgundy Mist.  Yum.  2 grand, and I'd be changing some stuff.  I am thinking about it hard.  That and a Tele Custom.  I sold my 72 Tele Custom in the late 80's and have missed it ever since.  Another American Original maybe, another 2 grand.  Yeesh.

And the American Original Strat.  Shell Pink.   gaaaahhhhh.  Another 2 grand.

rct

1 hour ago, rct said:

Jason has his own Custom Tele out now.  It's not a bad color, double bound of course, and I need a Custom Tele.  But it's...road worn.  Dammit.

rct

He rocked a few Tele's when I've seen him. He also had a Sig D-18. The prices when new were stupid the used one are double stupid. 

1 minute ago, rct said:

It's a road worn junky Mexican Tele.  Right up my alley except that road worn part.  Still something to think about.  If I ran into one on sale I might jomp eeen eeet.

rct

It has custom JI pickups designed by legend Tim Shaw.

1 hour ago, rct said:

5% of dealer cost.  He is not getting rich from them at all.  I'd put some little humbuckers in it.  It's the damn road worn thing, I'd have to see it, and once I did I'd probably hate it.

rct

He bought a real '59 LP last year or so, I know he is not hurting for cash. The net says he is worth 12 mil, and his wife is smoking hot. 

9 minutes ago, Crids said:

I drudge up a 5 year old post ...thank God i did that ...if this is the consitution of the new posts...hey dr. Pepper 😛

This is called The Lounge and its a place to talk about  oh all kinds of stuff. See how the description says General Discussion Area. I do have more than 18 posts under my belt. 

On 2/19/2021 at 10:34 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I was at this show. Father John Misty opened up.  Both were kind of headliners. They both did long sets, but not not as long as they would normally do as a headliner.

https://www.jambase.com/article/jason-isbell-the-400-unit-live-at-altria-theater-2019-live-album

If you were there and they didn't tell you they were recording, I think you're entitled to either 

a,  a chunk of the royalties, or

b, some nachos.