Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson ES-359 Black Beauty

awboruch

From what I could find these were made between 2008 and 2016.  Gibson usually isn't very forthcoming with how many of any given model is made unless it is a very limited run of something.  Since these were not limited it will be hard to find out how many.  Is the one you ordered new (new old stock) or used?  Be sure to post some photos of it when you get it we'd love to see it.  I do not have experience with the 339 or 359s.  I owned a 336 and currently have a 356, but they are a totally different construction from the 359 so I wouldn't expect them to sound the same.  The smaller size and light weight are great.  The 359 had a 30/60 neck which a lot of people like - it's a 60s slim taper neck but with .030" girth added so just a little meatier.  And they have '57 Classic humbuckers which I also like a lot.  You should be very pleased with it when it arrives.

Thank you Twang Guitars! I may not have been clear enough in my description my new guitar (which is amazing) is a Gibson Memphis 2019 Limited ES-359 Black Beauty w/Bigsby.  It’s been near impossible to find anything on it, see below for a link to a listing. They appear to be a limited release only in 2019. 

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/products/gibson-memphis-2019-limited-es-359-black-beauty-wbigsby-462797

OK, looks great.  Your original post just said you had ordered one - not that you had already gotten it.  CME should be able to tell you how many were made as it appears to be a special run just for them.  Not the usual 359 model for sure with the 3 pickups and Bigsby.  And since the Memphis factory is now closed, would be one of the last runs of guitars made there.  Hope you enjoy it as it is unique and seems to have all the "bells and whistles". 👍

• Like 1