Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Convertee

wind_stopper

Just wanted to say hello.

I'm a recent Gibson Les Paul owner. Ever since seeing Slash rocking November Rain, I wanted a LP, but after years of looking for LPs I could not finding one that triggered the must-have impulse.  I think Gibson's new lineup is great, and I finally found the one LP that won me over, a beautiful 2020 Les Paul Standard (1950s) in Heritage Cherry Burst. Sounds great, plays great and even the chunky neck is rather comfortable. And with the exception of a loose saddle, my LP is flawless. Saddle got fixed/exchanged by dealer and all is good. It is a great instrument and worth every penny - and the case is pretty sick, too.

Well done, Gibson. Stay course, and this won't be my last.

• Like 1

I have found that a lot of guitar players grow up playing a variety of other guitars, and come to covet the Gibson Les Paul for its iconic features and artist pedigrees. 

Many of those same players try them, and even own one, and find that they don't connect right away. 
Who knows what it is that doesn't click for them?
The scale length, maybe.
The heft and weight of the Les Paul. 

I myself owned quite a few over the years, and it was never easy to put my finger on why it is that I always ended up selling them. 

The reality is that the Les Paul isn't for everybody.
And since there are a wide variety of models and features, there's no one pat answer to the question attraction versus lifelong ownership. 

Like you though, wind_stopper, I finally did find the right one. 
It took many trials and errors, but I finally found the one that met all my prerequisites;

* Beat-up and dinged, so I won't want to be precious with it

* Light weight, 7 lbs, 3 ounces

and, most important of all,

* Just one Volume Knob and one Tone Knob. 
(I have never much cared for the two-each set-up typical to the majority of Les Pauls.)

🙂

VjY47lwRpPIh41L5MyJLaA6_aBP59_K-EeJKh3-t