Gibson Brands Forums

Buzzing noise when not touching metal parts after installing nickel covers on 57 and 57 plus zebra humbuckers

EnriAn

14 minutes ago, rct said:

Mine don't, never have, not for grounding.  Buzzing guitars is not normal, not in my life, even singles can be made silent as far as grounding goes.  Send me your guitars and I'll make them silent for you.

rct

You are a true gentleman.

21 hours ago, rct said:

Mine don't, never have, not for grounding.  Buzzing guitars is not normal, not in my life, even singles can be made silent as far as grounding goes.  Send me your guitars and I'll make them silent for you.

rct

Very Kool, I hope you are ready for the flood of Gibson Tech Work that will be coming your way.. 😮

Yeah, Gibson kinda drops it at grounding the bridge.  There's a couple famous guys, the guitar player in Rush comes to mind, you can see the wire work they've done to ground their bridges.  I can't remember the other guys but yeah, not well grounded Gibson bridges is as common as not well grounded Tele bridges.

rct

2 hours ago, rct said:

Yeah, Gibson kinda drops it at grounding the bridge.  There's a couple famous guys, the guitar player in Rush comes to mind, you can see the wire work they've done to ground their bridges.  I can't remember the other guys but yeah, not well grounded Gibson bridges is as common as not well grounded Tele bridges.

rct

The bridge ground wire simply goes through a drilled hole in the control cavity to the hole making contact with the threaded insert for the bridge that is just pressed in, sometimes to stopbar insert. Or if a floating bridge, like on some archtops, to the tail piece mount through the strap peg..

Edited by mihcmac

13 hours ago, Eracer_Team said:

Everyone seems to be chasing the ground wires.

But the original story on page 1 said he put covers on his pickups and did his own wax putting some how, then started buzzing. 

Sounds like messed up putting covers on

I mentioned in one of my first few posts that it was not doing it or at least he did not say it was doing it before he put the covers on then it did. I told him it was probably self inflicted and check the last thing he did. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1