Gibson Brands Forums

Hello from South Central Texas!

Dogfish

I officially joined this forum in 2014, but have never posted and it just dawned on me how rude that is 😉.  So today I'm taking time to say hello and thank you to all of those who post of these forums.  I have gained so much knowledge and information from these boards.  Since this is the "Introduce Yourself" sub-forum, here's a little about me.

When I was 12, I was absolutely sure of two things: I was going to be a rock star and I was going to play the guitar Aldo Nova played in the "Fantasy" video.  And here's the thing, I wasn't particularly a fan of Aldo Nova or the song, but there was something about that guitar.  I researched (which was a lot harder in the pre-internet days of my youth) and learned that it was a Gibson Les Paul.  I was absolutely obsessed about all things Les Paul.  For my 14th birthday I was gifted my first electric guitar.  It wasn't the Les Paul I had lusted after (my family couldn't afford anything close to a Gibson), but it was my introduction to the joys of playing electric guitar.  

Flash forward 35 plus years and I'm sadly not a rock star.  I didn't even get close.  But I still love playing guitar and I'm lucky enough to  get opportunities every now and then to play live music with incredibly talented people.  I've also been blessed with enough career success to have a few guitars in my collection, including a couple of Gibsons (although not Aldo's 😔).     

I know Gibson the company has had its ups and downs and there are a lot of great guitar makers out there, but to my 12 year old brain there is only one guitar that screams "rock star!"  

• Like 1