Gibson Brands Forums

Introductions.

Bjorn218

Hello and greetings from Texas. Decided to join because, well, this is probably the one online community where mentioning a Flying V won’t be followed by a question, “What brand?”  See I love Flying V’s, and geek out whenever I see them in the wild.  Personally they are the best statement of badass and this is a Rock&Roll guitarist that the company should be utilizing in their marketing.  While the Les Paul is the flagship, they are also about as exciting as paint drying.  Then again I tend to be a little on the rebellious side of things.  No, I don’t consider an Explorer a wild shape either. Nothing is wild about flaccid and the Explorer’s headstock says it all. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bjorn218 said:

While the Les Paul is the flagship, they are also about as exciting as paint drying. 

well, now hang on there a minute bubba lou....    !!LOL!!

just kiddin..

I love les pauls like you love Vs

now that I think of it...  I've actually NEVER played a V.. not of any kind...  in fact, the more I ponder it,   no one I know that plays ever had one to the best of my knowledge

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

just kiddin..

now that I think of it...  I've actually NEVER played a V.. not of any kind...  in fact, the more I ponder it,   no one I know that plays ever had one to the best of my knowledge

Heh.  Same here.  Last time I stood next to one was like early very early 80's.  Except what is hanging in stores I haven't been near one since.

rct

I admire the Gibson Flying V and those who can rock them. 

As for me, it's just never captured my attention. 
I can't say exactly why that is. 

I think maybe that I have the impression that if you strap on a Flying V, you had better be bringing some blistering rock solos and some smoldering blues leads. 

I'm a really good rhythm player and all around musician and singer, but my lead-guitar skills are average at best. 
I can bring it, but only that which suits the song. 
And I practice it to the nth degree without a plan for improvisation.

So, to summarize.......................      I'm not worthy. 
😬

18 hours ago, rct said:

Heh.  Same here.  Last time I stood next to one was like early very early 80's.  Except what is hanging in stores I haven't been near one since.

rct

Kind of like Sasquatch,,   hazy photos taken from a distance in the wild,, could be a hoax,, could be real..  no one knows if they really exists......

On 3/4/2021 at 11:09 AM, kidblast said:

just kiddin..

It’s all good. Everyone has their personal likes.  

• Like 1