Gibson Brands Forums

Killswitch

Qtrain

I really want to take a tone knob off off my epi lp studio and put in a killswitch similar to the set up the buckethead has but I am having a really hard time finding a momentary off push button that fits in the pot hole. Does anyone buddy know where I can find one or any suggestions?

I really want to take a tone knob off off my epi lp studio and put in a killswitch similar to the set up the buckethead has but I am having a really hard time finding a momentary off push button that fits in the pot hole. Does anyone buddy know where I can find one or any suggestions?

We have a Buckethead fan=d>

Welcome to fourms

I'm supposing you already know but I just like to put it out that you can use your pickup selector as a kill-switch. I'm assuming you're wanting the "button" kill-switch.

The push type is SO much faster, and it works on the entire guitar (rather than simply zeroing the volume on one pickup), which is why Buckethead has his. If you're going to use it as a staccato style, it's also a bit more precise.

I'll let you know as soon as I find mine. One of the changes on my current guitar will be to move one of the back pots up between the bridge and bridge pickup (as on this Gibson LP):

Picture6.png

and then fill the leftover pot hole with a killswitch.

Archived