Gibson Brands Forums

Ivan from UK wants Info on possible Fake Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul

Ivan Trailer

Hell Guys, Im new to the forum I have just purchased an 03 Epi Zakk Wylde and believed it to be genuine . After havinf read various articles and threads on line .. Im not so sure.

My guitar has the serial prefix  EE03 . The EE is the same font and size as the digits but I have since read that Epiphone didn't move to China until 04.

Can anyone help me please.

I'm not that well-read on the Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Pauls.

The white and black bullseye and the camo bullseye should have gold hardware, I recall that much. 

The white and black bullseye was made from 2003 to 2010 in the original configuration. 
Buzzsaw pattern, chrome hardware, 2005 to 2008.
Camo pattern, 2005 to 2010.

I hear conflicting reports on when the production moved from Korea to China. 

The one comforting bit of news is that there isn't much profit margin in counterfeiting an Epiphone, though there is a larger one for faking a Gibson Zakk Wylde. 

😬

Edited by sparquelito

Welcome aboard Ivan.  Sorry I can’t provide you with any answers.  You may want to post this to the Epiphone Electrics forum.  There should be somebody there that can help you out.  Good luck.

19 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I'm not that well-read on the Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Pauls.

The white and black bullseye and the camo bullseye should have gold hardware, I recall that much. 

The white and black bullseye was made from 2003 to 2010 in the original configuration. 
Buzzsaw pattern, chrome hardware, 2005 to 2008.
Camo pattern, 2005 to 2010.

I hear conflicting reports on when the production moved from Korea to China. 

The one comforting bit of news is that there isn't much profit margin in counterfeiting an Epiphone, though there is a larger one for faking a Gibson Zakk Wylde. 

😬

Thankyou chaps