Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson cereal codes

Jr tattoo

Hi can I please have some help I’m currently looking at purchasing a 

1976 Gibson les Paul deluxe tobacco burst 00133622

and a 

1978 Gibson sg natural finish 71148068

wondering if you can help me with identifying the serial numbers and any other information would be greatly appreciated. 

Are they decent years for those models? 

ABFA1F64-F884-4A14-AAC3-EF64EFD5D776.png

41158661-AF81-4E92-BBD1-7CA0ED48835D.png

Welcome aboard.  A Vern nice SG and LP you have there.  You might want to post this to the Gibson Lounge and/or Gibson USA forums.  There are a lot of people who can probably provide you with some information, but don’t normally check this forum.  Good luck.

JR, 

That Les Paul Deluxe guitar was made at the Kalamazoo or Nashville Plant (can't tell by the serial number), in 1976
Production Number: 133622

She features a three-piece mahogany/maple body, deeper cutaway binding, bound carved maple top, mahogany neck, 22-fret bound rosewood fingerboard with pearl trapezoid inlays, widened black headstock overlay with pearl Gibson logo inlay and "Les Paul Model" silkscreened, "Deluxe" engraved on truss rod cover, three-per-side Kluson tuners with plastic double ring buttons, tune-o-matic bridge, stop tailpiece, raised cream pickguard, and two mini humbucker pickups.
That finish was called Tobacco Sunburst. 

Worth now, used:
Mint Condition - $3,000

Excellent Plus - $2,400

Excellent - $1,950

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The SG is most likely a Standard in Natural Finish, and was made was made at the Kalamazoo Plant on April 24th, 1978
Production Number: 68
She's got a mahogany body, set mahogany neck, 22-fret bound rosewood fingerboard with small pearl dot inlays, black headstock overlay with pearl Gibson logo and crown inlay.
Worth now, used:
 Mint Condition - $2,200

Excellent Plus - $1,750

Excellent - $1,425

I hope this helps. 
Sorry about the cereal box gag. 
I couldn't help myself. 

😜

• Sad 1