Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG Special 2008 - Faded Pelham Blue

jespo91

New to the forum, new to Gibson. I have always been a Fender guy, I own many. I came across this and I always wanted to own an SG. I like the color also. But it seems an interesting model. I have searched it but have not found much information on one like this, with only two inlayed fret markers. Some info I found said it was a Guitar Center Special? But they all had normal fret markers. The serial number confirms that it was made in Tennessee in 2008.  I like all the specs I read, but was interested in the value of it to see where this guys pricing is. He is asking $850. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

143096262_10219448542187825_4173093961724912632_o.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

I don't know anything about the model but a Special with what looks like an ebony fret board with a gloss finish should be around 700-850, I would think.  

Aside from that one knob the front looks fine.

I saw the knob. Top plate came off.  It’s faded finish which I liked. I was gonna try to get him down to around $800. 

Found another one on Reverb listed as an "SG Special Limited Edition" in Blue Mist. Listed for $1100 plus shipping in less than great condition and people seem to be interested in it. $850 might not be too bad an asking price, but then again the one on Reverb could be overpriced. https://reverb.com/item/37872507-gibson-sg-special-limited-edition-2008-blue-mist

18 minutes ago, StRanger7032 said:

Found another one on Reverb listed as an "SG Special Limited Edition" in Blue Mist. Listed for $1100 plus shipping in less than great condition and people seem to be interested in it. $850 might not be too bad an asking price, but then again the one on Reverb could be overpriced. https://reverb.com/item/37872507-gibson-sg-special-limited-edition-2008-blue-mist

We talked on the phone for a bit. Nice guy. Said he is 63 and forgot he never updated the photos. Other than being played it stays in the case, he had one small mishap where it dented the back behind the one horn. It will not bother me and he dropped the price to $800. I will probably be leaving with it once i go play it. 

On 3/11/2021 at 8:44 PM, StRanger7032 said:

Turns out that is what it is. The fact it only had two inlayed fret markers did it. I found another thread elsewhere. They were only made for one year, only made for Guitar Center and depending on what you read there were only 100 or 200 of them made in Blue Mist. Prices i saw go from $750-$1300. I feel comfortable with $800. I will be going tomorrow to see it and most likely buy it. I cannot see me leaving without it.

• Like 1