Gibson Brands Forums

a sad tale and some detective work?

bigneil

:) O:)

Matt' date=' what a load of crap![/b']

Okay, maybe you're right....

:-)

I'm far from a fan of mysticism, but there may be something to that.

If nothing else, there's no denying what a guitar can stir inside a player of any skill level.

Seen it too many times over the years.

They truly can be more than wood and strings.

**** you very much, I appreciate it O:)

ps

A pragmatic way of looking at a guitar is that the owner physically impress' upon the instrument his/her technique of playing much the way someone who uses a fountain pen individualises the way it writes with the weight etc...

Matt

Yea, like the way you play wears the fretts and smooths the varnish in certain places. When you pick up another guitar it doesn't feel the same. and if there is an emotional connection to the instrument, you find it easier to express your self while playing.

i wanna hear some more stories.

Do amps count? My first "real" amp was a Crate 120 watt chorus amp. I had it on layaway in a shop here in Austin. Steve Morse came to town to support one of his solo albums, and he had a clinic at the shop (South Austin Music). Anyway, he just brought his Music Man guitar, guitar synth and stereo delay and plugged into two Crates and ran in stereo. One of them was mine.

-Brad

Nope, I sold it after I bought my first tube amp. Didn't need any solid state anymore. :-k Although, for some reason, my cat preferred the solid state. He used to sit on it, even doze, when I would play. Sometimes very loud. He couldn't take the tube amp, though, even at lower volumes. Sounded much better to me, though. Go figure...

-Brad

Archived