Gibson Brands Forums

Nut Sauce!

Buc McMaster

I have been using a great product for a few years now that works on all guitars, acoustic or electric, and can solve a sometimes annoying problem. Big Bend Nut Sauce is a terrific product! I started using it on Strats to maintain tuning on a floated bridge/non-locking nut vibrato setup - worked like a charm! The light lube eliminates friction at the nut with a functional vibrato (on any non-locking nut system) and stops string "pinging" and binding when tuning on all guitars. Good stuff! It lasts quite some time......I apply it to my J200 about every 4 or 5 string changes for smooth, noiseless tuning. They also make a great polish and fretboard treatment..... Good stuff from a small up-and-comer in aftermarket accessories!

My wife would barely look up from her rolling tray to acknowledge I had applied sauce to my nuts. I'm about ready to display my saucy nuts to any jilted baby momma from the Jerry Springer Show with tattoos and too much makeup and see if we could rock a trailer off the cinder blocks before the cops showed up on account of the noise.

From the guitars of course.

you can easily (and cheaply) make a nut sauce too. just mix graphite powder with vaseline. keep it off your finish.

that being said, if you are getting the dreaded "ping" then it really means you need a tech to clean the nut slots up with a file. a properly cut nut with clean, smooth slots should never ping, and shouldn't need any type of nut sauce.

This thread should be shut down' date=' what with all the allergies to nuts 'n' all.

Or at least have the following appended to the title:

"Contains traces of nuts."[/quote']

I agree. You should let our Moderator know.

He'll be out of that trailer shortly.

My wife would barely look up from her rolling tray to acknowledge I had applied sauce to my nuts. I'm about ready to display my saucy nuts to any jilted baby momma from the Jerry Springer Show with tattoos and too much makeup and see if we could rock a trailer off the cinder blocks before the cops showed up on account of the noise.

From the guitars of course.

I was in the furniture store recently and there was a great big sign that said "12 months, no interest."

I turned to my wife and said: "Gee honey, that reminds me of you!"

I was in the furniture store recently and there was a great big sign that said "12 months' date=' no interest."

I turned to my wife and said: "Gee honey, that reminds me of you!"[/quote']

LMAO! Good one!

Pretty soon we'll be seeing sentences like this in the forum:

"Does anyone else find it ridiculous the amount of censorship there is regarding the miraculous N*T sauce?"

Each forum has its own culture of censorship. Over at Rickenbacker, a statement like this:

"I love the new Janglebox compression pedal. It sounds great with my Rick with Pyramid strings"

turns into:

"I love the new Jinglebells compression pedal. It sounds great with my Rick with Dodecahedron strings"

Go figure.

Keep up the fight.

I'm at 1 year, 2 months, 27 days.

I quit Jan. 1, '08 when the State of Illinois decided I couldn't smoke in a bar. They are now 19 Billion dollars in debt. I hurt em'.......

I hurt em' BAD...........

Murph.

Back then, I was spending $ 35.00 a week on cigarettes. 35 X 52 weeks is $1820.00.

My reward was my new ES-339.

I can now buy a new Gibson every single year for what it cost me to smoke.

It's stupid money. (and, it's really full of bad toxins, as well.)

Hang tough......

Murph.

Ok.....so tell me what is the best way to stop? Cold Turkey? Slowly? I have been thinking about it' date=' smoking is being banned in

public here in about a month. Doctor wants me to try some type of pill. Whats the best way? [/quote']

Easy...

Every time you fancy a ***, have sex instead..

By the end of the week you'll be to knackered to smoke!!

Easy...

Every time you fancy a ***' date=' have sex instead..

By the end of the week you'll be to knackered to smoke!![/quote']

i hope you realize that your reply suggests something completely different here in the US! LOL

i hope you realize that your reply suggests something completely different here in the US! LOL

Yea modoc_333 soon as I read that I looked at Towzend location and laughed....LOL!

This thread could go downhill fast. This thread topic reminded me of the one several months

ago......."Have you ever boned a J-45"?

=D>

Archived