Gibson Brands Forums

New Nighthawk Day Coming Up

NighthawkChris

So waiting for this one to arrive.  It's in transit at the moment, but real excited about getting this one! 

8uhHOAx.jpg

1995 Gibson Nighthawk CST3 in antique natural.  These don't come up very often, and this is an extraordinarily nice looking one from what I saw in the pics.  Already has the Schaller strap buttons too - bonus - and they match the gold HW!  The anticipation is killing me waiting for it to arrive...  Hopefully it is as good as it looks in the pictures and no issues during transit/delivery. 

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Like 4

Whelp, out for delivery...  It's a bit cool today so I guess I should let the box warm up a bit when it gets here to acclimate to the house's temp.  That's what I've always been told when dealing with nitro finished guitars.  I guess best to be patient because it can't hurt to wait for a little bit longer.  Anyhow, thanks for all the nice - and some funny - comments!  Hoping to share pics ASAP what this bad boy looks like.  In the words of the Terminator, "I'll be back." 

59 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Didn't the guitar playing Wilson play a Nighthawk. That was Nancy right?

That would be Nancy.  She used a Nighthawk.  Had her picture taken with it at least.  The times I saw them, in another life, at Philly Spectrum, she used all kindsa things, Strats and Teles and Les Pauls mostly.  Howard used Strats and Les Pauls, but he could use a banjo and RHAWK everyone out.

rct

1 minute ago, rct said:

That would be Nancy.  She used a Nighthawk.  Had her picture taken with it at least.  The times I saw them, in another life, at Philly Spectrum, she used all kindsa things, Strats and Teles and Les Pauls mostly.  Howard used Strats and Les Pauls, but he could use a banjo and RHAWK everyone out.

rct

OOOOOOOOOOOW Barracuda.

• Haha 1

Listen to that drummer.  Just, dang, just listen.  Some simple time keeping, lots of off the down for sure, but pretty simple stuff.  Jesus H if that isn't some of the best recorded drumming there ever was.  They asked Howard how he recorded that, "with a tape deck, he (the drummer) did everything else".  On the Dog and Butterfly tour they played that one better than the record.

rct

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 12:34 PM, NighthawkChris said:

So waiting for this one to arrive.  It's in transit at the moment, but real excited about getting this one! 

8uhHOAx.jpg

1995 Gibson Nighthawk CST3 in antique natural.  These don't come up very often, and this is an extraordinarily nice looking one from what I saw in the pics.  Already has the Schaller strap buttons too - bonus - and they match the gold HW!  The anticipation is killing me waiting for it to arrive...  Hopefully it is as good as it looks in the pictures and no issues during transit/delivery. 

It's a Fake!

Haha, Just kidding Chris, Thats a beautiful guitar. Love to hear it play, Congratulations!

• Like 2

Well, it has arrived!  Had a couple issues to resolve - tuner on back was loose and a tiny pickup bushing for middle pickup was popped out - but all is resolved.  And thanks UPS, the box had a gaping hole in it.  Luckily it was packed good enough where it withstood those clowns booting it around their trucks and warehouses.  Setup was a**, but I expect this, haha!  Truss rod was literally cranked so tight that it made the neck nearly 100% straight.  Well, when you're buying a used guitar that's 26 years old, you better know a thing or two I guess.  Either way, Music Zoo was super cool and partially refunded me for the troubles...  Can't complain there.  Overall, the truss rod works and I now have relief.  Frets look great, electronics have no fukkery going on - i.e. original, untouched.  So wasn't a bad endeavor.  Anyhow, here's the pics after it was polished up and string change, etc.  Sounds like a Hawk!  Enjoy! 

W31wdHJ.jpg

XMqPBHy.jpg

• Like 5