Gibson Brands Forums

What is the cheapest guitar you have? and the cheapest one you play?

Basshole

We all have are first guitars which for the most part are the squires, first act, and harmonys of the world. What is the cheapest guitar in your collection

I have a pink fender Strat W/Mighty might neck which was $150. Has good tone and plays pretty well.

It is my moms guitar but I play it more than she does.

US made Ovation Academy, $61 on ebay. I also have a US made Applause that was $12 on ebay (basket case). It's all better now. I just bought another Academy, which is in a brown truck right now, for $49. I also have a '98 Seagull I paid $100 for. Those are proudly parked right next to the J200 and other ritzy Gibsons in the house.

As to electrics, I do have a '99 Squier Affinity Strat I bought for $60 and upgraded with a 70s decal, bone nut and Gotohs. And it is proudly parked next to the Tele and LP.

I either don't discriminate or I have no shame.

I own an Epiphone special II (nothing special anbout it... believe me). I played her yesterday after having her in her case for more than 4 months... she plays ok... for a 150 buck guitar it is very good. I have had her for more than 15 years and have modded her a lot, now the only part of that guitar that is original is the wood (ply-wood that is), as I have upgraded everything... which was done one thing at a time and took more than 10 years to do.

I am keeping her so when my kids want to learn to play they can learn with her instead of an expensive guitar.

I am currently only playing my les paul standard faded, the others get playe about once a month (at most).

A Kona A/E acoustic I paid $100 for new.

It was in a local pawn shop, and had a little damage to the bottom strap peg area. Someone had dropped it and jammed the strap button into the body, about 1/8 inch deep.

It's a nice looking guitar, and plays about as well as any acoustic I've ever tried. The pickup and EQ work really well too.

2008 Rogue Lipstick

$99 Musiciansfriend - new

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Rogue/Lipstick+Electric/10/1

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-Lipstick-Electric-Guitar-?sku=511843

456759.jpg

The Rogue Lipstick Electric Guitar has the features guitarists ask for. A 5-position switch with specialized combos provides an abundance of tone combinations.

Unheard of in this price range, the Rogue Lipstick has a mahogany body with a maple neck and compound radius rosewood fingerboard. Grover tuning machines, an adjustable bridge and anchored tailpiece and 22 jumbo frets keep you playing, not adjusting and tweaking. Dual position strap buttons on the guitar's tail-end ensure you can get your axe right where you want it, plus they make it more stable when set on its end.

Rogue has put equivalent efforts into this guitar's looks. With very cool retro sparkle finishes, chrome hardware, and chrome bar pickups - you've got your rockabilly twanger on! If you've been looking for an electric guitar with the right stuff at the right price, your search is over.

Rogue Lipstick Electric Guitar Features:

* Mahogany Body

* Maple neck with compound radius rosewood fingerboard 24 3/4" scale

* 22 Jumbo Frets

* 3-Ply brown shell pickguard

* Chrome Hardware

* Dual strap buttons at butt of guitar for selectable strap adjustment

* Adjustable Bridge with Anchored-Tailpiece

* Grover Tuning Machines

* Lipstick tube single-coil pickups

* 9-42's gauge strings

i have a few super cheap ones that are just around, but i never touch. the 2 cheapest that i touch are 2 of my favorites. first is a late '96 MIJ Squier Vista Jagmaster. i love this guitar for hard rock (Alice in Chains types tones). i love everything about it, and it's awesome. the Squier name doesn't do it justice since it was made in the regular Fender Japan plant. second is a 1966 H56 Harmony Rocket. just a cool little hollowbody. i removed the original trem and replaced it with a bigsby.

yeah' date=' they made several versions, and some are complete garbage. most are abused/neglected... but if you find a cool one then they really are an awesome guitar that is quite under the radar as far as pricing.[/quote']

There's one in a little hole in the wall shop near here. Not sure if it's one of the better ones, but they sure are proud of it. I think they're asking $300.

3377602854_82dc5ceefd.jpg?v=0

Danelectro late 90's reissue of the 59 DC.

Think slide guitar by Jimmy Page.

Takes a MAN to play a pink guitar....

3374897038_8f1cb1bb15.jpg?v=0

Peavey T-60.

Peavey's first electric guitar - still out there used for $300, a STEAL for an American guitar. Made in 1980.

Supposed to bridge the gap between a Les Paul and a Stratocaster.

Not a success, but a well-made guitar.

Beautiful Ash body, great versatility, very slim Maple neck.

Coil tap, phase switching from the factory.

Built like a tank.

3377602854_82dc5ceefd.jpg?v=0

Danelectro late 90's reissue of the 59 DC.

Think slide guitar by Jimmy Page.

Takes a MAN to play a pink guitar....

3374897038_8f1cb1bb15.jpg?v=0

Peavey T-60.

Peavey's first electric guitar - still out there used for $300' date=' a STEAL for an American guitar. Made in 1980.

Supposed to bridge the gap between a Les Paul and a Stratocaster.

Not a success, but a well-made guitar.

Beautiful Ash body, great versatility, very slim Maple neck.

Coil tap, phase switching from the factory.

Built like a tank.

[/quote']

Yea I bought my brother that exact one ( DC 59 same color) freakin idiot went off and snapped offed the strap buttons, peeled off the tape, and painted it black. He didnt even paint the whole thing. but its ok I love him anyways

Archived